Multiples
Options

Blue/Maize v. Green/White

So as not to continue hijacking monkski's post, I've moved my question here.

It seems that there are a fair number of us with a particular leaning on the above subject matter.  Here's the poll:

[Poll]

Written answers:

1. Did you and/or DH attend?

2. If no, where DID you attend, if anywhere?

3. If no, why do you care?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Blue/Maize v. Green/White

• Options

Wolverine!

1.  No, neither DH nor I attended UofM.

2.  We both graduated from Michigan Tech.

3.  I grew up in metro-Detroit, so was closer to Ann Arbor.  My sister and dad both went there, as well.  But really, it's because my parents were always UofM fans, so I became one too.

• Options

Neither.

Blue/White.  Go Nittany Lions!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageBelleBaby:

Neither.

I only like you now because you're not a Buckeye fan.

Big Smile

Although I'll be the first to admit that it's been getting harder and harder to remain a U of M football fan.

• Options

DH and I both graduated from MSU.  Go Green!!

We didn't meet there though, we met while working at summer camp when I was 15 and he was 14 ; ) (For some reason I feel the need to clarify that!?  Probably because a lot of couples meet in college.)

~Crystal~ SAHM to Sam (5), Hugh (3), Mary & Grace (22 months) : )
  • Options
    imageSoldiersGreenBean:
    imageBelleBaby:

Neither.

I only like you now because you're not a Buckeye fan.

Big Smile

Although I'll be the first to admit that it's been getting harder and harder to remain a U of M football fan.

And I'm only anti-U of M when they play PSU!  I was born and raised just south of State College so I was born (1) loving PSU and (2) hating OSU.  Kind of ironic that I now work in Ohio! 

• Options

Do your parents happen to have two dogs named "Maize 'n Blue"??  I know of SO many U of M fans who do that : P

ETA:  That's for you, Soldiers!  Tried to quote but must have messed it up.

• Options

Thankfully, they don't.  We were never that die-hard.

I have a cousin, however, that follows every single U of M sport with the same level of interest as, say, a Packers fan.  It's kind of sad, really.  It wouldn't surprise me if he did that some day.

• Options
    imageBelleBaby:

Neither.

My sister is being recruited by Penn State for volleyball (she's a sophomore right now).  Visited the campus earlier this summer and is seriously considering!  I'm hoping she follows in the Spartan footsteps, but at least she's looking at Penn State and not U of M ; )

• Options

Wolverine!!

I graduated from there in 2001 - grew up in nearby Canton.

DH went to Nebraska, so as of next year, he'll be in the Big Ten too...

I agree that it is getting REALLY hard to be a UofM football fan - I HATE what Rich Rod has done to the program, and feel really bad for bad-mouthing Lloyd Carr during his last season because we "only" won 9 games.  I'd KILL for 9 wins now...

My brother went to MSU, and both my parents (especially my dad when he was alive) favored MSU....I do cheer for State when we aren't playing them though.

• Options

1. Did you and/or DH attend?  DH graduated from State, but I still am not a fan. 

2. If no, where DID you attend, if anywhere?  NMU, and I loved every minute :)

3. If no, why do you care?  Don't know why, I guess I was just raised a Wolverine fan - my mom is from Saline, and both she and my aunt went to U of M.

• Options
    imageMamaCrystal:
    imageBelleBaby:

Neither.

My sister is being recruited by Penn State for volleyball (she's a sophomore right now).  Visited the campus earlier this summer and is seriously considering!  I'm hoping she follows in the Spartan footsteps, but at least she's looking at Penn State and not U of M ; )

Penn State is an excellent volleyball school.  Good luck to her!

• Options

UofM!!

1. DH got his masters at UofM, but I was a fan long before b/c my dad went there.

• Options
    imageSoldiersGreenBean:

So as not to continue hijacking monkski's post, I've moved my question here.

It seems that there are a fair number of us with a particular leaning on the above subject matter.  Here's the poll:

[Poll]

Written answers:

1. Did you and/or DH attend?

2. If no, where DID you attend, if anywhere?

3. If no, why do you care?

1- WOLVERINE!  I graduated in 2000!

Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
    4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Wolverine!

DH (and his entire family) went there.  We have season tickets.  Go Blue! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"