Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Charting before TTC?

We're planning on starting to ttc next fall...yeah, we're big planners:)  I'm on nuvaring now, and have been on some form of birth control for probably 9 or 10 years.  I want to go off bc at some point and chart so I can figure out when (if?) I ovulate, and get all the bc hormones out of my system.  I have this irrational fear that I've been trying for so long to not get pregnant, and now that I actually want to, I'm going to have a hard time...particularly because I feel like I've been on bc for so long.

So.  The question is, do a lot of people chart before ttc?  I was thinking maybe 6 months before we start trying I go off the ring (and use condoms or something at that point) and start charting.  Or is that overkill?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Charting before TTC?

• Options
    ETweetETweet member
    I think charting before ttc is a GREAT idea. I wish I would have. Charting allows you to get an understanding of your body's patterns which will make the ttc journey easier and quicker for you in the long run. Just keep in mind that it can take women many months to get regular cycles after coming off of BCP. So try to be patient! GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    It's totally up to you!   A lot of women love figuring out their bodies through charting, whether TTC or not.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's a great idea! That's what I'm doing here right now. I am a huge planner as well and I really wish I had started charting several months ago. Looking at it now, for me to have started charting just a couple months before TTC is very strange. I did all my research back in January and I just... didn't start. I'm kinda kicking myself for that now because I would have loved to get more of a pattern to work with, but regardless, I'll still have some practice.
    Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • Options

i'd do it to give my body time to regulate before TTC.  i chart (sometimes) even when TTA, and plan on using to TTA after having children.

good luck! 

• Options

I went off BC when we got married and charted to TTA for a year.  I really liked that I knew what was going on well in advance of TTC, and that my cycles had regulated by that time as well.  I will likely return to charting to TTA once we decide we're done having kids.

TTC #2 since 06/10
  • Options
    I started charting this January and we didn't start TTC until July.  I have found charting to be very helpful during the whole process.  Good luck!
  • Options
    That's a good idea! I'm going to start charting soon even though I'm EBF ing and haven't gotten my first post-pg period yet. I wish I had charted earlier. It's nice to learn about your body, regardless.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Its a gr8 idea. Use condoms and chart. You can join Fertility friend by clicking on my ticker or any other ladies tickers. Its a fun and easy way to chart. I wish I would have done that. Maybe cycle 6 will be my lucky one. Good luck!!

• Options
    I must agree with the others, I think it's a fantastic idea. (I'm a bit jealous that I didn't think of it lol.) I'm learning while ttc right now, but it sure would have been nice to have this figured out a bit ahead of time. Good luck charting!!
  • Options
    I think that's a great idea. I charted for about 4 months before TTC (we used FAM after I went off BC) & I loved knowing what was going on w/my body.
    Wallace is a big brother!
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses!  Good to hear I'm not an obsessive freak for thinking of doing this:)  I have the book TCOYF, though I haven't read the whole thing, but plan to.  It's always kinda made me nervous to go off bc and chart to try to not get pregnant, but at some point I do want to.  Thanks for all the advice, I'll check out fertility friend!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This is totally our plan!  FF will be able to give you so much more info if it has a history for you.  We did it 6 months in advance since I'd been so irregular before BCP.  I'd start charting as soon as you're ready to quit your hormonal BC.  GL!

BFP #1- 4/2011; DD Brynn born 12/2011

BFP #2- 7/13; EDD- 4/2/14; Lost DS at 20 weeks (11/16/13) due to cord accident

BFP #3- 3/14; EDD- 11/28/14; Lost DD at 15 weeks (6/7/14)- cause unknown

To my angels- I held you every second of your lives and I'll love you every second of mine.

• Options
    I charted before we were ready to TTC #1! ?I think I charted for about 9 months before we were ready to TTC. ?I definitely think it helped us to have great timing and I ended up with a bfp on our first try. ?It ended in a m/c and we got a bfp the very next cycle which resulted in DS.
    imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"