Babies: 3 - 6 Months

To worry or not to worry??

So DD drank only 20 oz today, she normally drinks between 30-35oz a day. She didn't sleep anymore then usual, she wasn't fussier then normal. Everything seems typical aside from her eating. I tried to feed her she just didn't want it. She did have a huge blow out diaper and it smelled weird but the color/consistency was normal. Would you call the after hours # in the morning or see what happens tomorrow? Any advice would be great.
Aug. 15 - Jan. Siggy Challenge "Mean Girls" Mona Vanderwaal Pretty Little Liars  Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: To worry or not to worry??

• I wouldn't worry. Sometimes babies go through phases where they aren't really hungry, just like us. If she hadn't eaten anything all day I would be concerned.
  • Personally, I'd wait and see. I read something that basically said to try to think of how we eat. We don't eat the same exact amount of food each day. If she seems lethargic or dehydrated, then I'd worry. Otherwise, I'd just see how tomorrow goes. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I would wait. It sounds like teething to me. Just see how she is over the next day or so. DD doesn't always get fussy when she is teething but she eats less and has huge blow outs. 
  • I was just about to post something similar! DS has been refusing his bottle a majority of the day. I finally gave him cereal for breakfast (we've only given it to him at night) because he wouldn't take the bottle. After that he took his bottle all day, just a lot longer between feedings than usual. Now he is refusing to take the bottle again tonight! I'm at a loss, so I'll see what others say.
  • Thanks ladies. I didn't think that teething would effect her eating since nothing seem to keep her from eating. But she has been chewing her hands. We will see how tomorrow goes.
    Aug. 15 - Jan. Siggy Challenge "Mean Girls" Mona Vanderwaal Pretty Little Liars  Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imagePrincessn678:
    Thanks ladies. I didn't think that teething would effect her eating since nothing seem to keep her from eating. But she has been chewing her hands. We will see how tomorrow goes.

Those are all signs of a teething baby. Just my opinion.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"