Pregnant after a Loss
Options

being careful

I took the dogs out today, they are on remote collars (and yes I have felt it on my own hand and my hubby used it on his back so dont flame me for it), so they were off leash. They usually heal really well so when I turned my back and called them to me, Bentley came running towards me and knocked me down. He knocked the air out of me and I landed on the ground on my butt. I was pretty shaken up and for the most part I have felt okay, not really cramping any more than usual. My back however does hurt. So, I am a little nervous about what that kind of fall could do for the baby but I feel confident that I feel okay. Could a fall in general do any harm?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart) i am never without it (anywhere i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done by only me is your doing, my darling) i fear" -E.E. Cummings (In Memory of Baby Beluga 3-21-10)

Re: being careful

• Options

I haven't had a major fall during this pregnancy, so I haven't had a chance to ask the OB this question personally.  I would imagine that falling on your hind end, at this stage, wouldn't be very harmful for the baby.  Especially if you aren't feeling any cramping, etc.

If you have concerns, you could always call your doc, or the on-call doc for some reassurance.  Hopefully, some other ladies with first-hand advice will chime in.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was 6w1d and fell off of a 4 foot high chair right onto my butt. My back as a little sore. I decided to head to the doctor just in case. She kind of just gave me a look and lectured me about how the baby is the size of a grape seed right now and tucked safely in there sobe careful and don't freak about everything. I know it is hard not to worry, unless you start feeling crampy you are probably fine. Hope that helps.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagecaliforniastars:
    I was 6w1d and fell off of a 4 foot high chair right onto my butt. My back as a little sore. I decided to head to the doctor just in case. She kind of just gave me a look and lectured me about how the baby is the size of a grape seed right now and tucked safely in there sobe careful and don't freak about everything. I know it is hard not to worry, unless you start feeling crampy you are probably fine. Hope that helps.

Thanks for this, it does help to hear other people say that its probably okay. I have my first Dr appointment on Monday and I will be sure to mention it to the Dr then but unless I get real crampy or start to spot I am fine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart) i am never without it (anywhere i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done by only me is your doing, my darling) i fear" -E.E. Cummings (In Memory of Baby Beluga 3-21-10)
  • Options
    I'm sorry that happened.  I think you'll be fine though.  Right now, your baby is so tiny and has a lot of padding, so he or she is probably just fine.  It doesn't hurt to call though.  My brother's golden retriever is the worst jumper and it seems like no matter what I do, she gets me every time I see her.  Now I haven't fallen, but her paws have brushed my stomach.  Luckily nothing bad's happened.  Maybe try working with him though so it doesn't happen again when something bad could potentially come of it?
  • Options
    Ditto PP's.  Baby is probably fine, there is so much padding in there and they are so little at this stage.  I'd ask your doc on monday at your appt, in the mean time put your feet up and have YH give you a nice back rub :)
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I fell on my butt early on and totally freaked out.  My Re reassured me that baby is very well protected in there, especially in the beginning.  As long as you don't have severe cramping or bleeding everything is fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"