Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

color/gender poll

1. what is your favorite color to dress your LO in?

2. would you buy something that wouldn't be seen in public (burp cloth, blanket, etc.) for your LO if it was very girly if you have a boy or very boyish if you have a girl, just b/c you like the color/pattern?

3. do you like or dislike the gender color stereotype: 'pink is for girls and blue is for boys'? 

4. what are the main colors of your nursery? 

5. are you happy with your colors or if you could do it all over again, would you do it differently?

i realize this may seem like an odd poll to some, but i'm a color fanatic. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: color/gender poll

• Options
    imageamericanada:

ORANGE

2. would you buy something that wouldn't be seen in public (burp cloth, blanket, etc.) for your LO if it was very girly if you have a boy or very boyish if you have a girl, just b/c you like the color/pattern?

NOT SURE, I'M DEBATING 

3. do you like or dislike the gender color stereotype: 'pink is for girls and blue is for boys'? 

I DESPISE IT!

YELLOW/GRAY/WHITE

5. are you happy with your colors or if you could do it all over again, would you do it differently?

I'D KEEP IT THE SAME

sorry, my bold or italics don't work...neither do my emoticons...i must have a setting off.  anyone know how to fix that? 

• Options

Pink..yes, I am one of those people..hehe

Yes, I have a few robot blankets that I thought were really cute. 

I'm all for pink, but I have no problem dressing my LO's in blue or green. I think there will always be a color stereotype, tough.  

Sage green, pale pink, and a rosier red.  

Yep, I really like the nursery's colors. I think we'll probably re-do it for our next LO (especially if it's a boy).  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageamericanada:

1. what is your favorite color to dress your LO in?  That is hard to choose.  She wears a lot of pink, but I like her in yellow and purple too.

2. would you buy something that wouldn't be seen in public (burp cloth, blanket, etc.) for your LO if it was very girly if you have a boy or very boyish if you have a girl, just b/c you like the color/pattern? Sure.

3. do you like or dislike the gender color stereotype: 'pink is for girls and blue is for boys'?  No.

4. what are the main colors of your nursery? Pink, green, yellow and white.

5. are you happy with your colors or if you could do it all over again, would you do it differently? I love my colors.  I liked a few different combos, but what I chose flowed better with our house.

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options

1. what is your favorite color to dress your LO in? LIGHT BLUE

2. would you buy something that wouldn't be seen in public (burp cloth, blanket, etc.) for your LO if it was very girly if you have a boy or very boyish if you have a girl, just b/c you like the color/pattern? NO, I WOULDN'T WASTE MY $ ON SOMETHING I WOULDN'T CARRY ANYWHERE & EVERYWHERE.

3. do you like or dislike the gender color stereotype: 'pink is for girls and blue is for boys'? WELL I WOULDN'T PUT MY BOY IN PINK...LOL. BUT IF I HAD A GIRL I'D LET HER WEAR BLUE! HMM

4. what are the main colors of your nursery? LIGHT BLUE, CHOCOLATE BROWN, WHITE ACCENTS.

5. are you happy with your colors or if you could do it all over again, would you do it differently? I LOVE THE COLORS BUT IF I HAD IT TO DO AGAIN, I MAY HAVE GONE BRIGHTER.

• Options

1.  Green

2.  Hold on I think this pic will answer that question!

3.  I do...I think a pink shirt can look sharp on a boy and little girls look fabulous in Blues and Greens. 

4.  Dark Green, Light Green, Red, Tan, Brown, Beige, and Blue. 

5.  Nope i love my nursery!

Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Options
    haha!! holly, i love it!!!
  • Options

1. what is your favorite color to dress your LO in? I have always been a fan of blue, so that is my favorite color to put on him. I also like a few of his brown onesies a lot.

2. would you buy something that wouldn't be seen in public (burp cloth, blanket, etc.) for your LO if it was very girly if you have a boy or very boyish if you have a girl, just b/c you like the color/pattern? Sure. My best friend made me a quilt for him before finding out the gender and it is very girly on one side. It is my favorite blanket of his.

3. do you like or dislike the gender color stereotype: 'pink is for girls and blue is for boys'? Eh, I don't care that much about the color thing. I despise the 'boys play with trucks, dirt, and are superstar athletes' stereotype. My LO actually doesn't have clothes with footballs, trucks, etc. on them. I prefer puppies. Everyone thinks I am crazy.

4. what are the main colors of your nursery? Like an aqua-ish blue. It matches the FP Precious Planet collection.

5. are you happy with your colors or if you could do it all over again, would you do it differently?Colors of the room? Yup, I wish his room were mine.

• Options
    1. what is your favorite color to dress your LO in? brown, red, or navy blue2. would you buy something that wouldn't be seen in public (burp cloth, blanket, etc.) for your LO if it was very girly if you have a boy or very boyish if you have a girl, just b/c you like the color/pattern? eh probably not3. do you like or dislike the gender color stereotype: 'pink is for girls and blue is for boys'?  no i cant stand it4. what are the main colors of your nursery?  sage green, cream and dark brown5. are you happy with your colors or if you could do it all over again, would you do it differently? i love it.  wish there were more green patterns for boys! 
  • Options
    1. what is your favorite color to dress your LO in? Blue! It makes her eyes pop out like crazy!!2. would you buy something that wouldn't be seen in public (burp cloth, blanket, etc.) for your LO if it was very girly if you have a boy or very boyish if you have a girl, just b/c you like the color/pattern? Yes,  She has boy's bedding, or so I have been told. 3. do you like or dislike the gender color stereotype: 'pink is for girls and blue is for boys'?  I don't have an opinion either way. DD loves blue, but my favorite is pink. I WOuld not however have pink if I had a DS.4. what are the main colors of your nursery? Blue, Red, cream and some pink accents.5. are you happy with your colors or if you could do it all over again, would you do it differently? I love the way it turned out but I would probably skip the red and just go for the pink on her tree instead. 
  • Options
    imageamericanada:

1. what is your favorite color to dress your LO in?  Even though I probably dress her the most in pink, my favorite color on her is red.

2. would you buy something that wouldn't be seen in public (burp cloth, blanket, etc.) for your LO if it was very girly if you have a boy or very boyish if you have a girl, just b/c you like the color/pattern? Yes, we have a couple of things (mostly pj's) for DD that I think look boyish.

3. do you like or dislike the gender color stereotype: 'pink is for girls and blue is for boys'? It doesn't really bother me.  I have no problem dressing my little girl in blue, it's actually one of my favorite colors on her. 

4. what are the main colors of your nursery? yellow, green and pink

5. are you happy with your colors or if you could do it all over again, would you do it differently?  I'd do it differently.  I tried painting two walls yellow and two green, but you can't really tell the difference and all 4 walls ended up looking like a bright celedon (when I was hoping for sage green and light yellow).  If I could do it over, I'd just paint all 4 walls green. 

• Options

1. what is your favorite color to dress your LO in?  Blues because he has bright blue eyes and it brings them out.

2. would you buy something that wouldn't be seen in public (burp cloth, blanket, etc.) for your LO if it was very girly if you have a boy or very boyish if you have a girl, just b/c you like the color/pattern? I might do that if/when I have a girl, but DH wouldn't want DS having something too girly.

3. do you like or dislike the gender color stereotype: 'pink is for girls and blue is for boys'?  Not really, it just depends on the clothing. I agree with a PP who said that they don't like the sports and truck themed clothing for boys. DH did not want that for DS, so we have a lot of puppy outfits. DS does have a few seersucker outfits that could maybe be considered girly, but they're in boy colors.

4. what are the main colors of your nursery?  Brown walls, with red and blue. He's got a vintage, western nursery. Lots of cute cowboy prints.

5. are you happy with your colors or if you could do it all over again, would you do it differently?  I really like DS's room. It's the best decorated room in our house and I'm proud of it.  But, our next boy (if we have one) will have something different.

• Options

1. what is your favorite color to dress your LO in? YELLOW...ITS MY FAVORITE COLOR.

2. would you buy something that wouldn't be seen in public (burp cloth, blanket, etc.) for your LO if it was very girly if you have a boy or very boyish if you have a girl, just b/c you like the color/pattern? I HAVE BEFORE THE ONLY PROBLEM WAS THEN PEOPLE THOUGHT SHE WAS A BOY...SO PROBABLY NOT AGAIN.

3. do you like or dislike the gender color stereotype: 'pink is for girls and blue is for boys'? NOT REALLY. I DON'T CARE.

4. what are the main colors of your nursery? PINK, GREEN AND BROWN.

5. are you happy with your colors or if you could do it all over again, would you do it differently? I LOVE THE COLORS.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageamericanada:

1. what is your favorite color to dress your LO in? Pink, but mostly because I really get annoyed when people ask what HIS name is. Even when she is wearing a bow in her hair.

2. would you buy something that wouldn't be seen in public (burp cloth, blanket, etc.) for your LO if it was very girly if you have a boy or very boyish if you have a girl, just b/c you like the color/pattern? Definitely. I dress her in boy clothes all the time at home!!

3. do you like or dislike the gender color stereotype: 'pink is for girls and blue is for boys'? I wish people didn't automatically assume DD is a boy when dressed in ANYTHING other than pink, but other than that the stereotype doesn't bother me.

4. what are the main colors of your nursery? Brown, green, off white.

5. are you happy with your colors or if you could do it all over again, would you do it differently? I would do it exactly the same. I love her room! (MIL made all the bedding and curtains- beautiful!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker m/c 03.08.11 at ~9 weeks
  • Options
    imageamericanada:

1. what is your favorite color to dress your LO in? Green

2. would you buy something that wouldn't be seen in public (burp cloth, blanket, etc.) for your LO if it was very girly if you have a boy or very boyish if you have a girl, just b/c you like the color/pattern? I would not put my boy in something girly. But I don't think that girls are limited to flowers and pink.

3. do you like or dislike the gender color stereotype: 'pink is for girls and blue is for boys'?  I don't despise it, but I'm not about to let my boy wear something girly.

4. what are the main colors of your nursery? We don't have a nursery. LOs crib is our room. He has a light blueish green fitted sheet in his oak crib. The blanket we have is hanging on the rail against the wall. It is white with biggish stripes of every color.

5. are you happy with your colors or if you could do it all over again, would you do it differently? If I had done a nursery, I would have done it the same.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    broomybroomy member

1. what is your favorite color to dress your LO in? Brown

2. would you buy something that wouldn't be seen in public (burp cloth, blanket, etc.) for your LO if it was very girly if you have a boy or very boyish if you have a girl, just b/c you like the color/pattern? Severin owns two girl items. They're both blue, but one has puffy sleeves and the other has bows. The former, I plan on pairing with a cardigan and the latter, I just cut the bows off. :)

3. do you like or dislike the gender color stereotype: 'pink is for girls and blue is for boys'? Dislike! I don't know for sure if I'll put Severin in pink, but there is a turquoise top and a purple hoodie I've been eyeing and plan to buy when I have more money.

4. what are the main colors of your nursery? Grey, brown, cream, and pastel yellow

5. are you happy with your colors or if you could do it all over again, would you do it differently? I'm happy with these colors as a foundation, but plan to add brighter colors as he gets older.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

1. what is your favorite color to dress your LO in? Greens and pinks combos, but she looks AWESOME in light pinks

2. would you buy something that wouldn't be seen in public (burp cloth, blanket, etc.) for your LO if it was very girly if you have a boy or very boyish if you have a girl, just b/c you like the color/pattern? - Nah

3. do you like or dislike the gender color stereotype: 'pink is for girls and blue is for boys'?  Well, i really don't care either way, and i DO put Grace in blues,greens,oranges,browns etc. That being said. . apparently that stereotype doesn't mean a damn thing with my kid . . today i had her in ALL birght pink and i still had a lady tell me "he" was handsome"

4. what are the main colors of your nursery?  Don't have a nursery where we can paint, but when we did the colors were yellow,pale pink and light green

5. are you happy with your colors or if you could do it all over again, would you do it differently If i could do this room i would do it in purple light pink,yellow and green

• Options

1. yellow or green

2. Yes I like matching things lol

3. It doesn't really bother me, but DS sure can rock a pink shirt lol

4. yellow, green and brown

5. I am happy but I couldn't really do much with the colors because we live in an apartment so I cant pain the walls so all we have is his bedding a rug and espresso colored furniture 

• Options
    imageamericanada:

bright green.

yes and i have :)

dislike. because when DD wears red people in public want to comment on how cute my boy is!

green, yellow, pink.

i love it the way it is.

• Options
    imageamericanada:

1. what is your favorite color to dress your LO in?  blue/green/yellow

2. would you buy something that wouldn't be seen in public (burp cloth, blanket, etc.) for your LO if it was very girly if you have a boy or very boyish if you have a girl, just b/c you like the color/pattern?  Wouldn't buy it, but I do use some of DD's burp clothes, etc at home with DS.

3. do you like or dislike the gender color stereotype: 'pink is for girls and blue is for boys'?  When they are really little and bald the clothes totally indicate the gender for others so I like that.

4. what are the main colors of your nursery?  Green and yellow

5. are you happy with your colors or if you could do it all over again, would you do it differently?  Exact same.  It was nice not having to redo anything for #2

• Options

My fav color to dress DD in is blue because her eyes are a really pretty shade of blue.

I hate the gender stereotypes associated with gender. I think its dumb. So does DH. He's man enough to wear pink.

Our nursery is red with black and sage accents.

• Options
    1. what is your favorite color to dress your LO in? I like the colors in a basic crayon box. Real blue, green, red, yellow etc. I don't like pastels.2. would you buy something that wouldn't be seen in public (burp cloth, blanket, etc.) for your LO if it was very girly if you have a boy or very boyish if you have a girl, just b/c you like the color/pattern? We got most of our stuff handed down from my cousin who has a girl and 2 boys. We took all her stuff and use it. I did pack away a lot of the especially girly clothes, but we use the pink blanket and some other stuff. I'll also reuse my son's stuff if we ever have a daughter. I probably wouldn't buy anything though, because I don't buy much and think through every purchase carefully.3. do you like or dislike the gender color stereotype: 'pink is for girls and blue is for boys'? I don't like stereotypes in general. I also don't like the color pink, whether you're a girl or not.4. what are the main colors of your nursery? Light green and gray5. are you happy with your colors or if you could do it all over again, would you do it differently? I love the colors in there and we don't plan to ever repaint it (until it's done being a nursery for all our kids and they choose the new color)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageamericanada:

1. what is your favorite color to dress your LO in? I actually like her in brown, green, and blue! She has a lot of pink though.

2. would you buy something that wouldn't be seen in public (burp cloth, blanket, etc.) for your LO if it was very girly if you have a boy or very boyish if you have a girl, just b/c you like the color/pattern? Yes, I would buy something that WOULD be seen in public!

3. do you like or dislike the gender color stereotype: 'pink is for girls and blue is for boys'? Very, very much.

4. what are the main colors of your nursery? Tan and chocolate brown. We didn't find out sex beforehand.

5. are you happy with your colors or if you could do it all over again, would you do it differently? Yes, I love the colors and would do the same again.

Thanks for the poll! The gendered colors/outfits for babies drive me crazy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"