2nd Trimester

Might go to L&D tonight...or am I overreacting?

I've been having period-like cramps today, and I've had about 3 of what I think are just BH contractions in the last hour, except they've been kinda painful. I don't want to freak out over nothing, but I also don't want to do nothing if its something. I'm going to call my midwife once FI gets home and see what she has to say. But do you think I'm overreacting?

A woman's life is nine parts mess to one part magic, you'll learn that soon enough...and the parts that look like magic turn out to be the messiest of all.

Re: Might go to L&D tonight...or am I overreacting?

• Did you drink a lot of water and lay down for a little bit?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Nope.  When I was in labor with DD, all I felt was menstrual-like cramps.  I've been to L&D twice already this pregnancy for cramping.  While waiting for your FI, I'd drink 32 oz of water and lie down on your side for an hour.  If the cramping does not stop, then call.  I was told to do that when I went to get checked out with DD (she was early), so now I do that every time I have cramps before running to the hospital.  I always feels so silly for going in, but better safe than sorry.  They tell me all the time that they'd rather me come in 100 times for nothing than to come in once with a serious problem.  Last time I went in, I was dehydrated, which is not good during pregnancy since it can cause contractions.  GL to you!

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • You are not overreacting at all. I'm an l&d nurse and my motto is "better safe than sorry".  I would rather have a patient show up 2 in 24 hours to get checked out than to stay home and have things get worse.  The best scenerio is that your cervix is unchanged, they hydrate you and send you home. Sometimes we need to give some meds to make the uc's stop.  The bottom line is that you need to go and make sure that you are ok.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I feel like I've had a lot of water today, but I don't think it'll hurt to have some more, especially since it was warm out today. I'll try laying down until FI gets home. Thanks!
    A woman's life is nine parts mess to one part magic, you'll learn that soon enough...and the parts that look like magic turn out to be the messiest of all.
  • imagecassie.dall:
    I feel like I've had a lot of water today, but I don't think it'll hurt to have some more, especially since it was warm out today. I'll try laying down until FI gets home. Thanks!

When I went in last, I was outside at a baseball game all day the day before.  I thought I drank enough that day, but apparently not!  They told me to drink 80 oz of water a day and even more when I'm outside.  I hate water (and I'm still throwing up), so it's really hard to do! 

imageimageimage
  • FI got home early! Thanks for the advice ladies, I'm going to go in just to get checked out. I hope you all have a good night :D
  • everyone is different...but this happened to me a week or so ago. I drank two glasses of water and laid down. (nurse told me to do this first if anything is wrong and then call if it doesn't hekp)  after about an hour I felt all better.
  • Good luck let us know tomorrow how everything went.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"