Infertility

Gonal F & Ovidrel - After Effects

After taking 6 days of Gonal F (day 1-5,150 IU and day 6, 75IU), I was instructed to take the Ovidrel trigger shot this past Thursday.  Husband and I did BD on Friday and ever since then, I've been experiencing very painful cramping, especially on the left side.  I feel very full and bloated and feel weird.  My ovaries also feel feel.  Could something be wrong or is the a "normal" side effect with the combination of these medications?  This is my first cycle on injectables and I'm scared.  Please help.

Re: Gonal F & Ovidrel - After Effects

• Those meds made me extremely bloated....like I didn't want to wear pants bloated!  Do you know how many mature follicles you had and what side they were on?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I haven't taken my trigger shot yet, but I'm very bloated and have bad cramping at times. My RE said this is normal because of how many follies I have growing, they referred to it as Ovarian Stretching and Ovarian Awareness. It's like your ovaries are stretching at such a fast pace and they have no where to go. I was told to drink a ton of fluids, eat high protein low salt, and stay off my feet as much as possible. They also said that even after the ER the ovaries will remain bloated for up to 2 weeks...they can grow to 4-6 times their normal size.

I would still call the RE and let them know though...I call about everything. Hope it all works out, try to stay off your feet. Good Luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Those meds also made me very bloated as well, but I was on 450 to 375 units for eight days. They also make you retain fluids, but I never had cramping. If you're truly frightened, then you should call your RE. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was bloated and experienced bad cramping ofter the Ovridrel. Pretty much really felt the ovulation since I had a bad cramp for each mature follie and lots of smaller duller ones.
    +++
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"