2nd Trimester
Options

finding a job is impossible

has anyone else been trying to find a job? im 27 weeks pregnant and even though i could be the perfect canidate for the job, they take a look at my belly and i never get the job! ive had 2 interviews so far and both of them didnt hire me .. this is getting a little bit ridiculous. ive never had this hard of a time trying to find a job before i got pregnant.
Sometimes it's okay to follow. (Picture is a clicky)
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: finding a job is impossible

• Options
    same here, maybe its Orlando! I ended up having to take a part time job that only gives me about 10 hours a week because nobody else would hire me. When I go on maternity leave I am going to be looking for a better job.
    CafeMom Tickers Photobucket
  • Options

With a 12% unemployment rate here in FL, you may not be the most qualified applicant anymore. The stats I've been following say that in most industries, where you used to find 1 qualified person for every 100 applicants, it's now about 3 out of 50. When you have 3 solid people to pick from and one of them is going to be out for several weeks because they are obviously going to have a baby, that person is no longer the best pick for the position.

I'm speaking from experience both as a hiring manager and as an unemployed pregnant woman. :)

Don't give up though, there are some employers that won't mind, you just have to find them.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

ughhhh I dont even want to hear the j word... I've been looking and cannot find ANYTHING. And even if I do, I know being pregnant is going to squash what little chances I have.

Maybe it is just Florida, I'm in Polk county, and there's NOTHING here. 

• Options
    well currently i live in new mexico.. and im pretty sure the unemployment rate is worse here considering i live in a smaller city that barely has any options. i wish i was in orlando so there was more opportunity. 
    Sometimes it's okay to follow. (Picture is a clicky)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I'm having a hard time up here in Cleveland as well. And I'm a nurse. :(
  • Options
    I was having a really hard time...i can't even remember how many interviews/ jobs i applied for.   So i ended up taking a full time job at the mall and will just stay there until the baby and then start all over again:(  But I do agree Florida has something to do with it...I had 3 job offers in Canada before my husband and i moved here.  Oh well at least i'm doing something now.
  • Options

I got hired at Prime Outlets in Orlando. theyre hiring everywhere and im 6 months pregnant. . . . then again my belly is super tiny so i dont think they realized it until i filled out my new hire packet..

but they are sooooo sweet and they always make sure im okay and they dont let me carry anything or climb anywhere. theyre amazing!!

i wish you guys the best of luck finding a job. they are technically not supposed to discriminate against pregnant women.. but we'll never know their reasons for not hiring.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"