Breastfeeding

Birth Control

I am going next week to get put on BC again. Before I was just on the pill but my last visit to the OBGYN she told me I could only take certain ones if I am gonna EBF. Have any of you been told this and what are you doing that is okay while BF?

Re: Birth Control

• I have a paraguard IUD. A normal pill can affect your supply. You can do a mini pill but you have to be really strict with taking that at the same time every day or it is not as effective.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Yeah, My OB said no Estrogen, It'll reduce your supply. I'm on a Progesterone only pill for now. I'm going to eventually get the Mirena IUD.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I EBF and because I am diabetic I can't take the mini pill.  I use OrthoTriCyclen Lo and so far (1 month) no real drop in supply.  I get 4-6oz when I pump once or twice a day for my stash.  I have 300oz frozen.  I also take Fenugreek (just in case).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just got on the pill, its the mini pill, its called Errin, its a generic one cuz my insurance
  • imageTwinsMama08:
    I just got on the pill, its the mini pill, its called Errin, its a generic one cuz my insurance
    I have an appt to get the paraguard IUD inserted in a few weeks. I was going to get the mini-pill but was told you had to be very careful about taking it and that made me nervous. But the mini-pill and an IUD were te only options I was given.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • thanks, I will look into these options!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"