Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

NBR: If you're a vegetarian...

...do you find the Hillshire Farms commercials offensive? What's "Go Meat!" anyway? It's like the "Sieg heil" of carnivores.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***

Re: NBR: If you're a vegetarian...

• Options

So, because you don't eat meat, it is then offensive that other people like it?

I guess I don't understand how "Go meat!" can be offensive. It's not like they are saying "If you don't eat meat you suck!"

• Options

I think comparing the commercial and "go meat!" to a chant used to solute the Nazi's is a bit extreme.

I'm not a vegetarian, I think the commercials are funny...and I don't get offended by commercials I see for PETA. I think you're maybe looking into it too much.

It's like being offended by a Lactaid or Soydream commercial when you're all for whole milk...kinda dumb, no? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hmm... I think my post came off as way more serious than I intended. It was just a silly, bored thought that popped into my head. I'm not really p!ssed at the Hillshire Farms people - just wondering if "Go Meat" struck anyone else as an odd slogan.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***
  • Options
    I'm a vegetarian and I don't find them offensive. I do find them annoying but that's true for a lot of commercials.
  • Options
    I think you just used the wrong word ; )  My sister and I were discussing how annoying and....just not "right" feeling they are.  I was a vegitarian for many many years and while I eat some meat now, that comercial makes me want to vomit a little.  All I can think of when I hear "Go Meat" is greasy thick half cooked beef pooled in its own blood.....ugh. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Options

imageHollysmoffett:
    I think you just used the wrong word ; )  My sister and I were discussing how annoying and....just not "right" feeling they are.  I was a vegitarian for many many years and while I eat some meat now, that comercial makes me want to vomit a little.  All I can think of when I hear "Go Meat" is greasy thick half cooked beef pooled in its own blood.....ugh. 

This is what I was getting at. Yes, that visual is about right!

• Options

imageHollysmoffett:

This carnivore thinks that sound heavenly...

One of my work friends refuses to decorate his classroom with "motivational crap" so he decorates with what motivates him- pictures of steak. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageStrawberryAlarmClock:
    Hmm... I think my post came off as way more serious than I intended. It was just a silly, bored thought that popped into my head. I'm not really p!ssed at the Hillshire Farms people - just wondering if "Go Meat" struck anyone else as an odd slogan.

I think you need a "go meat" button.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageyourmomwreckedmybike:
    imageStrawberryAlarmClock:

I think you need a "go meat" button.

I totally do! Lol (and yes I did actually laugh out loud) ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"