Pregnant after a Loss

L&D update #2

Midwife thinks this will be an August baby. So I got up to the max dose of pitocin and stayed there for 3 plus hours. Contractions were happening every 2-5 minutes, but I could totally talk through them. I have only had to breath for the internals and the insertion of cervadil. The internal have not been pleasant, and I haven't progressed much. At 6, I was still only 2 cm and 75% effaced. It's very possible that some other August mamas are sitting at home more dialated and effaced than I am here. Pitocin was stopped after I ate dinner. I floated in the jacuzzi for about forty minutes. After that, I got the nurse to be reconnected to the monitors. The midwife came in and put in the second dose of cervadil. I shamefully have to admit that I got irritated momentarily at my husband. He was half asleep on the couch, and I was trying to breath, but he wasn't beside me when I was gritting my teeth in pain. He did get up, a little taken aback that I was so harsh with him. After she had it in, I was crying just a little...one because it hurt and two because I felt bad that I was mean to him. It's been a long, long day...but soon, I will sleep. The plan is to restart pitocin in the morning, and hopefully rest will improve my outlook for tomorrow.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: L&D update #2

• Oh honey, it sounds like you're in for a long haul! I hope you get some good restful sleep so you can be ready to bring that baby into the world tomorrow!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    BFP/Labor/Everything Buddy: Papetvet/Erpetdoc
  • I bet it has been a long day ((( hugs))) I can only imagine how exhausted you must be. Hope that you get a good nights sleep & get to meet your baby soon
    Summer 2011
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers ~early M/C 4/09 ~ Ectopic 6/09~ BFP 11/09~
  • Loading the player...
  • Big (((HUGS)))

You just sound exhausted.  I hope that you can get some sleep tonight, and then your baby girl shows up tomorrow as planned!

• Don't feel bad - you're having a baby. DH will get over it! Are they going to give you an Ambien or something to help you sleep? It really made a difference when I was induced. I at least got good sleep for about 6 hours until the contractions became painful enough to wake me up. I'll be stalking PgAL tomorrow for the good news of LO's arrival. GL!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • OMG!  I haven't been on here for a little while - you're having your baby!!!  That is so exciting, even if it's taking a while.  I hope everything starts to cooperate and things go quickly!  
  • Sorry it's taking so long. After all that talking her into staying in there a while longer, she is probably just confused now.

Hopefully she cooperates tomorrow. Sending speedy labor dust to you!

• :::hugs::: I hope you get more rest tonight and tomorrow goes better.
    Marie, wife to Ron, mom to DS
  • I'm sorry things aren't progressing as quickly as you (and all of us!) hoped they would. I can only imagine how tired you must be. Thinking lots of good thoughts for you and continuing to send progress dust your way! 
    Three losses in 2009, a miracle in 2010! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker The Method to My Madness, a PPD blog
  • I'm so sorry the induction is taking so long.  I hope it turns a corner soon, so you can be holding your precious baby in your arms.  We're all pulling for you and sending lots of delivery dust.  [[hugs]]
  • Hope you got some rest last night.  Much progress dust for you today!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"