1st Trimester
Options

39 weeks pregnant and super bored tonight. Any Q's?

Hi ladies.

I'm popping in from the end if my third trimester.  I'm just sitting at home,super bored, hoping for some contractions or for my water to break. haha.

Any questions about anything at all for a third trimester gal pregnant with her first?

Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~

Re: 39 weeks pregnant and super bored tonight. Any Q's?

• Options
    imageHBaylies:

Hi ladies.

I'm popping in from the end if my third trimester.  I'm just sitting at home,super bored, hoping for some contractions or for my water to break. haha.

Any questions about anything at all for a third trimester gal pregnant with her first?

No idea!  My board is slow, too.  I figure every time my board gets slow that we have lost a few more to labor and I get just a little jealous.  :)

~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
  • Options

Hey ladies!

KDodge - how are you?  We had our first u/s - all went well!

HB - GL with finishing up your pregnancy!  What can I do to get over this exhaustion?  It is killing me and I am not even back at work (I teach).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagescherpha:

Hey ladies!

HB - GL with finishing up your pregnancy!  What can I do to get over this exhaustion?  It is killing me and I am not even back at work (I teach).

I had a super hard time in the first tri with exhaustion.  I was a full time nanny for the first four months before I was laid off and also worked part time another 20 hours a week as a kids gymnastics instructor and weekend birthday party leader.  I just literally had to sleep every chance I got.  I would get home from work at 8:30pm, shower, and go to bed.  I used to have just snacks of healthy foods in the evenings between gymnastics classes, so I didn't need to eat a dinner later.  There's SO much development happening the first trimester that I don't know that it's possible to really escape it.  The good news is that the exhaustion will probably just turn into being tired in the 2nd. I'll cross my fingers for you!  :)

• Options
    Did you feel like the time just crawled by?  Also, which trimester was hardest for you?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

What was the best gift that you got at your baby shower?

At what point in your pregnancy did you feel the best?

What are you most nervous about right now? 

• Options

imageLovingStepMom:
    Did you feel like the time just crawled by?  Also, which trimester was hardest for you?

Time crawled by in the beginning when I was constantly nauseaus and before I started to show.  Pregnancy just wasn't as fun for me when I was just always feeling like hell, throwing up daily, and still wasn't to the point where we were telling people so they could empathize with me.  Once I started to show and started feeling better around 15 weeks, time started to go a little faster because we could talk about it with people, started our registry and the baby room very early, you know, all the fun stuff starts coming to life.  :)

The first was the hardest for me because of the throwing up.  The second brought a stronger stomach, but I developed some pretty severe lower back pain as I started gaining weight and ended up with some very expensive physical therapy, which didn't even help all that much.  Now in the third trimester I have some nausea back, occasional vomitting, swelling from the knees down, but I swear, none of that compares to how horrible the first tri was for me when I was afraid to even leave the house because I never knew if I would be able to find a place to throw up in time if I got sick again.

• Options
    imageHBaylies:
    imagescherpha:

Hey ladies!

I had a super hard time in the first tri with exhaustion.  I was a full time nanny for the first four months before I was laid off and also worked part time another 20 hours a week as a kids gymnastics instructor and weekend birthday party leader.  I just literally had to sleep every chance I got.  I would get home from work at 8:30pm, shower, and go to bed.  I used to have just snacks of healthy foods in the evenings between gymnastics classes, so I didn't need to eat a dinner later.  There's SO much development happening the first trimester that I don't know that it's possible to really escape it.  The good news is that the exhaustion will probably just turn into being tired in the 2nd. I'll cross my fingers for you!  :)

Thanks!  I hope that things go well for you in the coming weeks and months!

• Options
    imageEmandChris08:

What was the best gift that you got at your baby shower?

At what point in your pregnancy did you feel the best?

What are you most nervous about right now? 

Only a handful of people shopped on their own for our shower.  Most bought off the registry, which we were SUPER greatful for.  We were very lucky that our families bought us nearly all the big things for the shower; pack and play, hugh chair, infant car seat/travel system, convertrible car seats for a few months down the line...  My personal favorite of the fun stuff was the baby Red Sox gear.  We never would have bought it for ourselves because it's so expensive!

I def. felt the best from about weeks 15-35.  I kept reading in the beginning that when the 2nd tri starts, you'll feel better.  It took me a bit longer than that, but I did start to feel much better.  I wasn't as exhausted (but still tired), smells stopped making me throw up, I felt like I could go out in public again without worrying about being sick, sleeping was confortable, the weather wasn't too hot yet...

Right now I'm intensely nervous about labor.  I know it's natural and our bodies are made for it.  I read tons of books.  I went to the birthing class and toured my hospital.  None of that though calms my fears that I have never encountered strong pain in my life.  No sports injuries, fractures, broken bones, not so much as a bad headache or poisen ivy.  I'm going into it all knowledgable, but still, scared as hell.

• Options

What an amazing opportunity and so nice of you to offer.... too bad I've only known for just over a week and have very few questions! It's hard to even know where to begin!

*~~*~~*3-30-33*~~*~~*
  • Options
    imageStormChsr2011:

What an amazing opportunity and so nice of you to offer.... too bad I've only known for just over a week and have very few questions! It's hard to even know where to begin!

Feel free to hold onto my username and get back to me when any questions come up.  :)  GL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"