Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

I need ideas on gifts for a 2yo

DD's birthday party is next week and I got a couple calls tonight asking what she needs/wants. I just can't think of anything right now and BIL wants us to call him back tonight

I know she is already getting: tricycle w/ helmet, shopping cart w/ groceries, elmo, little people, books, baby doll w/ stroller, clothes, and thomas the engine (she loves him:).

Anyone have any other not too expensive ideas? Maybe something more practical or non-toy?

Re: I need ideas on gifts for a 2yo

• Options
    Dress up stuff.  DD loves to dress up.  Even if its just hats, shoes, and beads.  That stuff is everywhere.  And if she doesnt like it now...she will.  
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image
  • Options

DS got some outdoor toys like bubble mower, t-ball set, etc

most of the outdoor stuff is on sale/clearance right now but there is still plenty of time to play outside before it gets cold.

he also got a backpack with paper, crayons, and stickers.  you would've thought that thing was gold!!  he loves it

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We had dd's party today and she got puzzles, some movies because we don't have one child's movie in the house, she got a stroller, high chair, and pack n play for her baby, some clothes, some dress up things but she is not into that just yet so we will see. Also got a baby doll for the bathtub, good thing it is not real because it drowned like 50 times over tonight!

• Options
    Of the smaller things, we asked for playdoh stuff and art supplies (kid friendly scissors, stamps, sticker books, water colors, finger paint, coloring books etc. etc.) and of course books.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    more books, pajamas (I feel like my kids always need more of these), things that get used up---crayons, sidewalk chalk, bubbles, etc.
  • Options
    What about a gift certificate to a kiddie gym or some other activity type place?  Maybe a kids museum or zoo near you?  Something you can do as a family?
  • Options
    puzzles, bathtup letters, magnetic letters, gift cards so she can choose something special at the store?, books, kid safe crafts
  • Options

DD got a doll house from the ILs for her birthday. She LOVES it! It was kinda pricey. It was $160 at toys r us, but it came with a lot of furniture and some people. Really though her favorite part is the twin babies and their bassinets. She also likes the kitchen table and chairs. I know they sell the furniture and people separately. She probably would have been happy just getting the furniture without the doll house because she takes it out of the house anyway and puts it on floor to play with it. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"