2nd Trimester

Already sick of people telling me....

Nothing is better than waking up in the morning and taking a big ol' look at your broken out face....and then...wait for it....go out in public and have several people tell me, "Oh!  I bet it's a girl because your face is broken out!"

Seriously!  It's like they're rubbing it in! 

But then I wonder - is this true?  Does having acne during pregnancy mean you're more likey than a girl - or is it 50/50 like all the other old wives tales?!?

BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Already sick of people telling me....

• As far as I know it's part of the OWT that girls steal your beauty. Therefore if you are having a girl you are more likely to break out, have bad hair, nails, gain weight in your face, etc. 

I think it's all BS. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've been major breaking out all pregnancy and I'm having a boy.  I'm so glad no one has pointed it out, though!  I'm sorry they said that to you.
  • Loading the player...
  • My skin has been pretty clear this whole pregnancy and according to the u/s tech's prediction at week 22, I am expecting a girl.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • my parents are into old wives tales and they took one look at my face and said "youre having a girl."  im like thx mom and dad for making me feel soooo beautiful lol.
  • How rude.

If people think that being pregnant gives them free range to say whatever they want about your appearance, I think it also gives you free range to be a big ole b!tch back to them.

But maybe that's just me. I can't deal with people commenting on my body... You can bet I'll make someone cry during the course of this pregnancy...haha

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageMama_SAS:

As far as I know it's part of the OWT that girls steal your beauty. Therefore if you are having a girl you are more likely to break out, have bad hair, nails, gain weight in your face, etc. 

My 2 friends recently had girls and glowed throughout their pregnancies. I think this myth is ridiculous!

• I broke out extremely bad during my 1st and beginning of my 2nd trimesters and I am having a boy.
  • I never broke out with DD, so I believe it's another OWT.  :)

I'm sick of the "you'll never make it to November" comments.  DD was born 5 weeks early.  I WANT to make it to November.  People don't think before they talk.  You never know what someone has been through or how they may be feeling about their appearance at any given moment. 

imageimageimage
  • My skin broke out like crazy with DD. This time around it hasn't been so bad once I got out of 1st tri, and it's another girl. I think it's just OWT.

• They say that a girl "steals your beauty." Nice, huh? lol
    Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• Never had pimples much when i was a teen or before pregnancy, one would pop up here & there but no more usually. I'm having a girl & I have about 3 or so & when one disappears one appears. But they are super small, you can barely tell, they aren't the huge ones that never go away.They go away in a couple days.
  • Eh, I'm having skin problems with this pregnancy. I didn't have any with DD1 though. It's not really acne, but my face is red and dry. Maybe it's the heat that's making it worse.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • imageSweets2005:
    They say that a girl "steals your beauty." Nice, huh? lol

Lol... girl or boy, i must be growing the world's cutest baby, cause I'm looking 18 kinds of awful these days Stick out tongue

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • ive been wondering if that is true? im only 17wks and dont know my babies sex yet, but my face has been breaking out and people are telling me the same thing... girl! hmm Hmm
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It is a wives tale, however it has held true for me.  I broke out horribly with both my DD's but with this one (boy) my skin is much clearer.
  • oh man, if anyone would have said this too me i would have smacked them haha.... and then when we found out it was a boy... i would have found them and kicked them in the shin : )
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage Isaac's Momma
  • I've heard that saying before as well. When I was pregnant with DS, I had horrible acne. Now that I'm pregnant with DD, my skin has been wonderfully clear. Obviously it's just an OWT.

• I hate that too!! I hate how people make fun of my last name. My last name is Holler so people keep saying they're going to call my kid "Hootin' Holler"

stfu people!! 

Jackson W. Holler born 12/9/10 at 7:52 a.m. He is my little miracle baby!! pPROM'ed at 23w1d and delivered at 34w Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"