Babies: 0 - 3 Months

2 questions (not related to eachother)

1) I was told that i didn't tear but i have two huge "rips" on my inner labia right next to where i pee. Apparently they wern't bleeding because they wern't stiched. Everytime i pee, it kills to say the least. Any recommendations on how to alleviate the pain? Anyone else have "rips" like this? How long until they heal?

2) I was told that LO can't go over 3 hours without eating. She loves sleeping during the night so i tend to wake her up for her feedings. When is it OK to let LO sleep through the night without feeding? Is that ever OK?

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 2 questions (not related to eachother)

• Not sure about question 1- I had a c/section. Question 2- as soon as baby regains their birth weight you don't have to wake them up to eat is what my peds said.
  • 1) dermaplast- the spray stuff they give you at the hospital and you can get it at a drug store

2) When she reaches birth weight usually. Ask your pedi.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I would think using the peri bottle with witch hazel and water would sooth, pat dry and then use pain spray they give you at the hospital. I didn't rip there but I can only imagine. Hope you feel better soon.

Our Pedi said that until she is back up to her brth weight we are to wake her every three hours. The after her weight is up we can let her wake on her own.

• I have no answer for Q1, no experience there. But for #2 I let DD sleep until she wakes up. Sometimes it's 45 minutes, sometimes its 5-6 hours. She's a hearty eater so I don't see a reason to wake her up to feed her. I let her run the show for now. Did they have a reason why she had to eat every 3 hours? Was it your pedi or a "helpful" friend/family member? If there is a medical reason, like she's not gaining weight or something along those lines, then go with what your doctor says. If it was just a friend/family member, listen to your baby and ask your dr!

Edited to add: My pedi OK'd this as we were 3oz away from birth weight at our appt the other day, so it's worked OK for us.

Lilypie - (fjc0)

• imagedriveshorses:

I have no answer for Q1, no experience there. But for #2 I let DD sleep until she wakes up. Sometimes it's 45 minutes, sometimes its 5-6 hours. She's a hearty eater so I don't see a reason to wake her up to feed her. I let her run the show for now. Did they have a reason why she had to eat every 3 hours? Was it your pedi or a "helpful" friend/family member? If there is a medical reason, like she's not gaining weight or something along those lines, then go with what your doctor says. If it was just a friend/family member, listen to your baby and ask your dr!

Edited to add: My pedi OK'd this as we were 3oz away from birth weight at our appt the other day, so it's worked OK for us.

I was told this at the hospital by a nurse. My baby doesn't have any eating problem so i think she said it as a general rule. She had her first checkup today and she was 5oz over her birh weight. I would love for her to decide when she wants to eat- it would be so much easier than setting the clock for every 3 hours!

• imageashnoelle:

1) dermaplast- the spray stuff they give you at the hospital and you can get it at a drug store

Dermaplast worked well for me, along with ice and sitz baths.

As for question number 2, my doc told me to shut up and enjoy the shut eye. Every doc seems to have a different opinion, but mine suggested to let the little one sleep, at night. During the day however, feed every three hours or so, and make sure her tummy is full before crashing for the night.

• imagelaubeth87:
    imagedriveshorses:

I have no answer for Q1, no experience there. But for #2 I let DD sleep until she wakes up. Sometimes it's 45 minutes, sometimes its 5-6 hours. She's a hearty eater so I don't see a reason to wake her up to feed her. I let her run the show for now. Did they have a reason why she had to eat every 3 hours? Was it your pedi or a "helpful" friend/family member? If there is a medical reason, like she's not gaining weight or something along those lines, then go with what your doctor says. If it was just a friend/family member, listen to your baby and ask your dr!

I was told this at the hospital by a nurse. My baby doesn't have any eating problem so i think she said it as a general rule. She had her first checkup today and she was 5oz over her birh weight. I would love for her to decide when she wants to eat- it would be so much easier than setting the clock for every 3 hours!

Sounds like feeding on demand could work for you.

Lilypie - (fjc0)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"