TTC After a Loss
Options

Nurses Dx Me! (NTTCALR)

I have been sick for a week now w/a chest cold.  I still have severe chest congestion on day 7...Do I need to go get an antibiotic?  Im taking Tussin DM every 4 hrs to loosen the mucus, and it's just not "doing it."
BFP 11/09...M/C 1/27/10...TTCAL 3/2010...IUI #1 9/2010 = BFN IUI #2 10/29/2010 = TWINS! EDD 7/25/2010 C-SECTION 7/7/11 at 37.5wks due to severe pre-eclampsia. Liliana born 6lb7oz and Anthony born 5lb4oz Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Nurses Dx Me! (NTTCALR)

• Options
    For me, I had something similiar and I tried Mucinex.  It really really worked to help loosen the chest congestion (and if you take the regular kind it will help with CMStick out tongue)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp 01/23/10 m/c 12w1d 03/14/10 EDD 09/24/10
    bfp 07/20/10 m/c 5w1d 07/25/10
    bfp 11/19/10 Born 07/24/11 via C/S

My Forever Sister From Another Mister~CashewsMommy!!

• Options

I may be Bronchitis.  I would go to the Dr. on monday, or the urgent care clinic if you have one.  You don't want it to turn into pneumonia!

I hope you feel better! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Um silly question, why not just go to the doctor?
    6/14/10 BFP; 6/30/10 Dx ectopic
    11/16/10 BFP #2; DD born 7/26/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • Options

imagePrincessDi80:

Few reasons:
    -Bec i HATE taking time off work (no one does my job for me when I'm not there, no one 'covers' for me, and it directly affects my bonus check--I make a reduced hourly wage due to bonus incentive) for something that's not "important." I want to save those appointment times for TTC/Baby/Pg related visits!

-I am SICK of paying CoPays ($30) on top of the already $3,000 I've paid out of pocket med costs since the m/c in January.  Especially when if I even need an antibiotic all it takes is a 1 min phone call to the Pharmacy for a $4 Rx.

-I despise waiting 1 hour in the waiting room, another 30min to 1 hr in the room waiting for the Dr to come in and tell me something I already know.  The entire time I'm thinking about how much money I could be making at work...

-I don't think I have any sort of "infection" that would require an actual Dr Dx.  No fever, no green snot/mucus...

BFP 11/09...M/C 1/27/10...TTCAL 3/2010...IUI #1 9/2010 = BFN IUI #2 10/29/2010 = TWINS! EDD 7/25/2010 C-SECTION 7/7/11 at 37.5wks due to severe pre-eclampsia. Liliana born 6lb7oz and Anthony born 5lb4oz Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagerock-elle:
    For me, I had something similiar and I tried Mucinex.  It really really worked to help loosen the chest congestion (and if you take the regular kind it will help with CMStick out tongue)

ALright, I will, but it's soooo expensive!  Esp since the only ingredient is 600 mg Guaifenesin and I could just drink more of the cough medicine I have to get the same effect....I know, I know, I wont because I'll start  tripping, Gosh. You guys are noooo fun!

• Options
    imagemkoelker:

I may be Bronchitis.  I would go to the Dr. on monday, or the urgent care clinic if you have one.  You don't want it to turn into pneumonia!

I hope you feel better! 

This definitely! I went to the doctor last year and they blew me off twice until I started coughing up blood and had to go to the ER. I ended up with pneumonia and it  sucked. Much better safe than sorry!

m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • Options
    imageAGFaso:

imagerock-elle:

ALright, I will, but it's soooo expensive!

Try the generic one.  It is a lot cheaper. If you start running fever though I would see a doctor.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Just b/c it isn't an infection now, doesn't mean it won't turn into one.  Chest congestion and things of the like can lead to things that can turn serious.  

I know you don't like going to the dr, but maybe go to the take care clinic at walgreens and they can tell you what maybe going on.  Then you can call your Dr and have them write you out a prescription.  

I know it seems like a pain now, but if it is something and you don't get it taken care of, then you'll end up paying a lot more in the long run.

• Options
    imagepennynjon:
    imageAGFaso:

imagerock-elle:

ALright, I will, but it's soooo expensive!

Try the generic one.  It is a lot cheaper. If you start running fever though I would see a doctor.

Oooh cool!! I didn't know they made a generic!  And absolutely, I would go if I felt "sick" in my body meaning temp, fatigue, bodyaches....I just have nagging, unrelenting chest/head congestion.

• Options
    imagemkoelker:

Just b/c it isn't an infection now, doesn't mean it won't turn into one.  Chest congestion and things of the like can lead to things that can turn serious.  

I know you don't like going to the dr, but maybe go to the take care clinic at walgreens and they can tell you what maybe going on.  Then you can call your Dr and have them write you out a prescription.  

I know it seems like a pain now, but if it is something and you don't get it taken care of, then you'll end up paying a lot more in the long run.

Aaaallllright, I'll go on Monday.  Geesh mom.  I'm just kidding, I asked for the advice, thank you.  Wink

• Options
    imageAGFaso:

imagePrincessDi80:

Few reasons:
    -Bec i HATE taking time off work (no one does my job for me when I'm not there, no one 'covers' for me, and it directly affects my bonus check--I make a reduced hourly wage due to bonus incentive) for something that's not "important." I want to save those appointment times for TTC/Baby/Pg related visits!

-I am SICK of paying CoPays ($30) on top of the already $3,000 I've paid out of pocket med costs since the m/c in January.  Especially when if I even need an antibiotic all it takes is a 1 min phone call to the Pharmacy for a $4 Rx.

-I despise waiting 1 hour in the waiting room, another 30min to 1 hr in the room waiting for the Dr to come in and tell me something I already know.  The entire time I'm thinking about how much money I could be making at work...

-I don't think I have any sort of "infection" that would require an actual Dr Dx.  No fever, no green snot/mucus...

Yikes, ok, point taken. Feel better!

6/14/10 BFP; 6/30/10 Dx ectopic
    11/16/10 BFP #2; DD born 7/26/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    imageAGFaso:
    imagemkoelker:

Aaaallllright, I'll go on Monday.  Geesh mom.  I'm just kidding, I asked for the advice, thank you.  Wink

I just don't like to see people sick, thats all!

I hope you feel better! 

• Options
    imagePrincessDi80:
    imageAGFaso:

imagePrincessDi80:

Few reasons:

Yikes, ok, point taken. Feel better!

Vent was at the insurance co's and Dr's offices, not you hunny!!! He he, can you tell its a hot topic for me, and that I am passionate?   My boss always says to me, "I love your passion" followed by a fake <smile> then says "Now, get back on the phone!!"" hehehe

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"