Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Re: When is your LO's bedtime?

• 7 p.m.

This is our schedule (we do EASY, and there are lots of sample routines on the Baby Whisperer boards)

7 am - feed, activity, sleep (usually from 8:30 to 10)

10 am - feed, activity, sleep (usually from 11:30 to 1)

1 pm - feed, activity, sleep (usually from 2:30 to 4)

4 pm - eat, activity

5 pm - eat, activity

6 pm - bath time, eat

7 pm - put down to bed

DD sleeps from 7 pm to 7 am and she's 10 weeks.

Works great for us!!

(Oh, and I wake her up to feed during the day. So, if she's still sleeping at 10 am I'll wake her up from her nap for her feed.)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • I realized we he's just too young to set a specific schedule. So, I follow his lead and we start the bedtime routine anywhere from 7 to 9 depending on when he seems sleepy.
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageBelleIsa:

7 p.m.

This is our schedule (we do EASY, and there are lots of sample routines on the Baby Whisperer boards)

4 pm - eat, activity

5 pm - eat, activity

6 pm - bath time, eat

7 pm - put down to bed

Works great for us!!

(Oh, and I wake her up to feed during the day. So, if she's still sleeping at 10 am I'll wake her up from her nap for her feed.)

When did you start this routine? (what age)
  • imageEricsWife2005:
    imageBelleIsa:

7 p.m.

4 pm - eat, activity

5 pm - eat, activity

6 pm - bath time, eat

7 pm - put down to bed

Works great for us!!

When did you start this routine? (what age)

Probably 3 weeks ago, so when DD was about 7-8 weeks.  Before then I wrote down when she was eating and sleeping and her natural pattern followed the about routine pretty closely so it wasn't a big stretch.

I think the biggest change is that I wake her to feed during the day. Since I started doing this, DD has been STTN!

• DD's last feeding ranges anywhere from 8-9:00. She goes down in her bassinet right after she is done eating, and usually STTN.

• Between 9-11pm... Its later cause DH doesn't get home till 10pmish and like a little time with her. He gives her a pumped bottle and she goes down till about 3-4am,  but the last few nights she's been stretching longer and longer. We do and eat, play sleep schedule about 5-6 times during the day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • we feed him between 8:00-8:30, then pajamas, a couple books, rocking chair and sleep. 

We are still working on the whole "awake and drousy" thing, most nights we end up having to rock him to sleep.   

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• On bath nights I usually give him a bath at around 8:45-9pm.  I then feed him and then he goes to bed anywhere between 9 and 10pm.
  • btw 9:30 & 10pm.  She picked it.  I just noticed that is when she was falling asleep for her longest stretch after a long nurse nightly.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • imageBelleIsa:

7 p.m.

4 pm - eat, activity

5 pm - eat, activity

6 pm - bath time, eat

7 pm - put down to bed

Works great for us!!

This is interesting. So does the Baby Whisperer recommend cluster feeding at night to help them STTN?

• imageBelleIsa:

7 p.m.

4 pm - eat, activity

5 pm - eat, activity

6 pm - bath time, eat

7 pm - put down to bed

Works great for us!!

This is interesting, I wonder how the feeding schedule would change for us formula feeding moms? I am sleep deprived now, and am ready to try anything to get her to STTN, but for more than 5 hours, I want, like, at least 7!! :)  My LO goes to bed around 1030 every night and then wakes at 230, 6-630 and 9. The only thing is that when she wakes at 230, she doesnt usually want to go back to sleep until 4!! and then up again around 6, it's so hard!!!

• imageCynthalia:
    imageBelleIsa:

7 p.m.

4 pm - eat, activity

5 pm - eat, activity

6 pm - bath time, eat

7 pm - put down to bed

Works great for us!!

This is interesting, I wonder how the feeding schedule would change for us formula feeding moms? I am sleep deprived now, and am ready to try anything to get her to STTN, but for more than 5 hours, I want, like, at least 7!! :)  My LO goes to bed around 1030 every night and then wakes at 230, 6-630 and 9. The only thing is that when she wakes at 230, she doesnt usually want to go back to sleep until 4!! and then up again around 6, it's so hard!!!

I know I have a badge that says I EBF, but I switched to formula about 2 weeks ago, so this schedule is with formula.  She eats about 5-6 oz at every feed, except for the cluster feeding where she only takes 3-4 oz.

And someone else asked if the Baby Whisperer recommends cluster feeding, the answer is yes.  Kind of a 'tank them up' strategy before bedtime so they sleep longer.

Might not work for everyone but it works for DD!!

• Thanks, I think I'll try something like this, it makes sense.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"