Pregnant after IF
Options

schoolsoutbride & flutterby

hi cuties -

i'm starting estrogen IM injections tonight, any tips/suggestions?

should i ice or heat before?

can you tell i'm a little anxious ?

thanks

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II

Re: schoolsoutbride & flutterby

• Options

The only time I heat is when I have pain after.  From what I can tell, that only happens when I hit a nerve or something.

My only tip on the estrogen (Del Estrogen?) is to not do it yourself. That stuff is THICK!  I tried to do it the first time, and I couldn't depress the plunger. If they didn't give you an 18G to draw it up, use your PIO needles or it will take forever.

It really bothers me less than PIO.  Same shot, but it doesn't bother me as much afterwards as PIO.

Good luck!  Here's hoping for a trimester's worth of shots!

• Options
    Hey, question for you, WHEN you get your BFP, how often after are they having you do intralipids?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

thanks for the advice, it wasn't so bad.

the lovenox burns a lot

as for intralipids i want to say every 4 weeks until 20 weeks

i do my first one on 8/10 and FET is 8/19

you may want to ask m&m since she's done with them

love that ticker cutie

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
  • Options

I always, always heat before and after IM injections. I also stick the vials on my skin for a bit before injecting to help thin the oil a little. I also rub the injection site after injecting to help break up the oil inside, it really helps with the under the skin welts you can get from these injects.

Don't be anxious, you will do good!!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

imageimage
    TTC Since Dec 2006
    *IVF #1 cancelled at ET*
    *IVF #2 OHSS, transfer cancelled*
    *FET #1 2 frosties, c/p*
    *Lap April 2010, removed endometrioma/endo implants*
    *Surprise BFP June 2010*
    *Beautiful daughter born 2/14/11!!*
    Thoughts from an Overwrought Mind
    SAIFW
  • Options
    imagetheworms:

thanks for the advice, it wasn't so bad.

the lovenox burns a lot

as for intralipids i want to say every 4 weeks until 20 weeks

i do my first one on 8/10 and FET is 8/19

you may want to ask m&m since she's done with them

love that ticker cutie

So does the Heparin, I feel for you!! Inject really slowly, that seems to help me. GL Worms!!! Can't wait for you to welcome those babies home!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

imageimage
    TTC Since Dec 2006
    *IVF #1 cancelled at ET*
    *IVF #2 OHSS, transfer cancelled*
    *FET #1 2 frosties, c/p*
    *Lap April 2010, removed endometrioma/endo implants*
    *Surprise BFP June 2010*
    *Beautiful daughter born 2/14/11!!*
    Thoughts from an Overwrought Mind
    SAIFW
This discussion has been closed.