Multiples
Options

Hows this for "matchy matchy" cutesy names. (triplets)

#6#6 member

Richard, Victoria, and Nichole.  All nice names until you put all 3 nn together.

Ricky, Vicky, and Nicky.   

Met them & their mother today at Target.  She introduced them to me using their nns.   

She stopped me and asked if my 3 are triplets.  Uh..no..but close I guess.  :)  Very sweet lady and cute kids.  We all get to name our kids what we want Im just not a fan of cutesy names in any way. 

**Sorry if you have matchy names for your kiddos.  Im glad you found names you love, its not not for me.  I dont want to offend anyone.  I also dont like using nns for kids after your searching for the perfect name.  Just my 2cents.   

Re: Hows this for "matchy matchy" cutesy names. (triplets)

• Options

Ugh yeah, I think rhyming names are the cheesiest of the matching names. Well, that and almost-the-same names like Tom & Tim (my OB and his ID twin brother ;)) or Cindy and Sandy.

Nicknames I don't have a problem with since a lot of classic names also have traditional nicknames/short forms and some of us just like our kids to have options. :) My boys can go by Alexander and William if they want to, e.g. on a resume or in a business setting, but we also like Alex and Will on their own. :) I'm an Amy and it's nice in some ways for it to be straightforward--no one has to ask what I "go by"--but I think having options can be nice, too.

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    A cashier at walmart told me about her sisters - Connie Lou and Bonnie Sue (twins obviously). ugh... 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageLucky*Ducky:

Richard, Victoria, and Nichole.  All nice names until you put all 3 nn together.

Ricky, Vicky, and Nicky.   

Met them & their mother today at Target.  She introduced them to me using their nns.   

She stopped me and asked if my 3 are triplets.  Uh..no..but close I guess.  :)  Very sweet lady and cute kids.  We all get to name our kids what we want Im just not a fan of cutesy names in any way. 

**Sorry if you have matchy names for your kiddos.  Im glad you found names you love, its not not for me.  I dont want to offend anyone.  I also dont like using nns for kids after your searching for the perfect name.  Just my 2cents.   

Ick. Ick. Ick.

Kennedy and Kaydence are kinda close though... ;) 

• Options
    No Lie, when to college with identical twin girls named Jenny and Jennifer...I referred to them as "jen" for 4 years.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I'm not a fan of "Y" ending names to begin with- let alone 3 in a row :)

All my college girlfriends had "y" ending names - i always felt stupid introducing them to anyone... "these are my friends- Kelly, Kathy, Julie, Stacy.... etc"

My twins are Grayson and Gibson - which we did not plan- and i'm not a fan that they match so much--  but it's the 2 G names we loved the most (and we do the G thing for our whole family, DH and I are also G's)... but we call them Gibby and Gray - so their NN's don't match.

• Options

I agree with you. I like it when twins have similar names, like starting with the same letter but not the same sound. All my family are K's. am Kiara and my brother is Kendrick (we arent twins though). I once knew twin girls Lilliana and illiana. Confusing!

Goldie, I like Grayson and Gibson for twin boys. Cute ;]

• Options

My niece and nephew are Megan and Chris but when they were little, they went by nicknames of their middle names.  Meg was Nickie (Nicole) and Chris was Eddie (Edward).

It was cute then but wouldn't be cute now.  They are 25 now so it really wouldn't be cute now!

• Options
    Yeah, I am not into names that are super matchy either.  
    Nothing to see here....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"