Natural Birth

Sears alternate vaccination plan & insurance coverage

So I just skimmed through "The Vaccine Book" by Sears. I'm set on following the alternate, delayed vaccination plan mapped out in the back of the book. I understand that I will incur lots of extra co-pays for the extra, vaccination-only visits.

Co-pays aside. Has anyone had issues with insurance not covering these extra visits? We have a pretty good plan, Aetna Open Access. Just curious if anyone has experience with this.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sears alternate vaccination plan & insurance coverage

• I dont know about the insurance coverage yet, but you might want to talk to your pedis office. Ours is awsome because if we are only going in for a shot, the nurse will do it and then we dont even have a co pay because we didnt take any of the Drs time.
  • The first pedi that we had put us on a delayed schedule, unbeknownst to us.  When we switched to another one, we played catch-up for four months and our insurance did not charge us any co-pays.  Fed BCBS, fwiw.  It was just a nurse doing the vaccines, not a full visit with the dr., so maybe that makes a difference?
  • Loading the player...
  • imageAllieJean:
    I dont know about the insurance coverage yet, but you might want to talk to your pedis office. Ours is awsome because if we are only going in for a shot, the nurse will do it and then we dont even have a co pay because we didnt take any of the Drs time.

this is what happens in our docs office too. 

• Ditto the PP's.  We don't delay, but we do separate, so we have more than your standard well-checks.  The nurse just administers the shot so we aren't charged for an actual visit.  Were we to have an actual visit it wouldn't be covered because our insurance only covers a certain number of well-checks per year.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Does anyone have a link for the delayed vac. plan?
  • imagemhoward76:
    Does anyone have a link for the delayed vac. plan?

Here it is:

2 months- DTaP, Rotavirus
    3 months- Pc, HIB
    4 months- DTap, Rotavirus
    5 months- Pc, HIB
    6 months- DTap, Rotavirus
    7 months- Pc, HIB
    9 months- Polio, Flu (2 doses)
    12 months- Mumps, Polio
    15 months- Pc, HIB
    18 months- DTaP, chickenpox
    21 months- Flu
    2 years- Rubella, Polio
    2 years, 6 months- Hep B, Hep A
    3 years- Hep B, Measles, Flu
    3 years, 6 months- Hep B, Hep A
    4 years- DTaP, Polio, Flu
    5 years- MMR, Flu
    6 years- Chickenpox
    12 years- Tdap, HPV
    12 years, 2 months- HPV
    13 years- HPV, Meningococcal 

• Thanks ladies, sounds like I need to talk to my pediatrician and see if they are okay with scheduling "nurse only" appointments.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"