Eco-Friendly Family

Ahhhh! Quorn products = not vegan

are NOT vegan. :(   I didn't read the packaging & bought 2 of their frozen things last night.

Anyone know of a brand that is strictly vegan???

Re: Ahhhh! Quorn products = not vegan

• I'm pretty sure all of Gardein's products are vegan. Their 7 grain chicken tenders are SO good!
    {r 6.22.08}{m 3.5.10}{s 6.17.11}
  • I'm fairly certain that original Boca burgers are. Are you looking for "chicken" products though?

If you have your receipt, you might be able to return the Quorn stuff.  That stuff ain't cheap!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't know about fake chicken products but Boca burgers and crumbles are vegan as are Tofurkey and Smart Dogs.  Morningstar Farms and Garden burgers are not vegan.  That's all I know.
  • Yep - the Gardein ones are vegan. I have some of that stuff...but I bought these things that look like nibblets (?).

Anyone make/use seiten (sp?)?  I had it in vegetable biryani last night at Whole Foods...and questioned the chef because it looked JUST LIKE PORK (and tasted like it, too).... but she swore up & down that it was seiten.  I'd never had it before.  Is it vegan? And what brand do you buy if it is?

• imageMissyOlivePants:

Yep - the Gardein ones are vegan. I have some of that stuff...but I bought these things that look like nibblets (?).

Anyone make/use seiten (sp?)?  I had it in vegetable biryani last night at Whole Foods...and questioned the chef because it looked JUST LIKE PORK (and tasted like it, too).... but she swore up & down that it was seiten.  I'd never had it before.  Is it vegan? And what brand do you buy if it is?

Seitan is vegan.  It's made out of wheat gluten, I believe.  I have the cookbook Vegan with a Vengeance and there is a recipe for homemade seitan in there. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"