Anyone have experience with food allergies?
A few days ago Robby had peas and peaches for lunch and his face lit up. (He has had both on several occassions before). I really thought it was peaches that had caused the rash. WRONG. Today he had peas again.
Within 5 minutes his face turned bright red, his elbow turned red with many little bumps which looked like tiny bug bites (poor photo quality) and red blotches on his trunk.
I was hoping to get blood drawn for the allergy panel during his operation. Now, I don't know if we should wait that long. The handwriting is on the wall with his milk intolerance (possible milk protein allergy?), eczema, family history of peanut allergy and asthma and now this food rash.
I just read this:
Peanuts are not true nuts, but rather are actually legumes from the pea and bean family.
When trying to determine what your child is allergic to, parents (me) often incorrectly assume that if he has eaten a food before and not had problems, then he probably is not allergic to that food. They usually only suspect new foods as being able to cause a food allergy. However, it is important to keep in mind that it takes time for the immune system to build up a reaction against something that the body is allergic to. It may take days, weeks, months or even years to build up enough of a response to cause noticeable symptoms. So your child may be allergic to a food even if he has eaten it
many times before without problems.