Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Need help with homemade baby food!

Especially green beans. Do you puree before freezing or not? I'm going to freeze most of them for my husband and I, but thought I might as well make some into baby food as well. Thanks!

PS....if you have any other tips as well, let me know. I have done some research on wholesomebabyfood.com, but wanted to see what the majority of people do!

Re: Need help with homemade baby food!

• Options
    Yes.  I steam and puree and freeze into ice cubes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would just freeze them whole.  Since your LO is so young there is a good chance she may not eat them before they go bad.  Plus green beans are hard to puree well and lots of people find they work better as a finger food when LO gets a bit older.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageLotte134:
    I would just freeze them whole.  Since your LO is so young there is a good chance she may not eat them before they go bad.  Plus green beans are hard to puree well and lots of people find they work better as a finger food when LO gets a bit older.

This exactly!  Next time around I'm going to actually do BLW and go straight to finger foods (skipping purees).  DD hated pureed beans but loved them whole.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"