Natural Birth

s/o placentas - a poll

Inspired by the Lotus Birth post below ...
[Poll]
Traveling the world with my girls - born 12 months and 18 days apart.
<a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/putalittlepolkainyourdot/?action=view

Re: s/o placentas - a poll

• I chose "nothing", b/c that's what I did with mine. But I have always been interested in turning it into capsules and ingesting that way. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I take a picture of it and say, "Thanks for doing your job!" and that's it.  I kinda have a placenta fixation because I had placenta previa during my first pregnancy... but it's all about science, blood and function... not something mystical that I want to eat or bury.
  • Loading the player...
  • For this birth, nothing. I plan to give birth in a hospital.

But I am entertaining a homebirth for baby #3, and if so I think I would choose to bury the placenta and plant a tree over it. Seems like a nice idea =)

2 losses
    2 beautiful children
    proud mommy!
  • I chose snowflake because I donated mine to science. It was used to train police dogs to smell blood and the deceased.
    252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • imageAshfieldMay:
    I chose snowflake because I donated mine to science. It was used to train police dogs to smell blood and the deceased.

That is so cool!

We didn't do anything with the first, this one we'll be burying under a tree in our backyard because we're home anyway.  This way the tree will be our daughter's.  (We planted 3 fruit trees in our yard, one for each future child we were planning on having)

• I'm not sure if my birth center offers encapsulation, but I would be open to that if so. If not, I'll just wave buhbye.
  • I am going to go the capsule route with mine.  Hopefully it helps with PPD!  I had a bout of depression 7 years ago, so I'm going to do everything that I can to deter PPD!  
  • I kind of wanted to do some art with it, but I forgot to even look at it.  Maybe next time!
  • Is it true there is some kind  of healing properties when u ingest it?
  • imageAud&Shad777:
    Is it true there is some kind  of healing properties when u ingest it?

placenta ingestion has been shown to help with the following:

- pp physical healing

- avoidance of PPD and reduction of baby blues

- long term effects include reduced incidence of female cancers (ovarian, cervical, breast, etc)

- proper encapsulation and storage allows women to ingest during menopause, where placenta ingestion helps alleviate some of the not so fun side effects (night sweats, insomnia, mood changes, etc)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"