Babies: 9 - 12 Months

those doing a polka dot themed bday party

Tell me about your party. What kind of decorations are you using? What about food? 

I think I'm doing polka dot, based on the fact that DD's dress is polka dot and it seems like it would be simple and easy to find decorations b/c I can just use solids colors if I have to. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: those doing a polka dot themed bday party

• I wanted to do this theme for DD, but DH hates polka dots. (I initially wanted a surfing theme which he said wasn't girly enough, so I picked this, then he said anything but polka dots, so back to surfing. But I digress....)

L is having a pool party, so we're doing simple food - finger sandwiches, trays of chicken wings, pasta salad, green salad. To go with a beachy theme, I got cute sand buckets (new- have never been used for sand!) that I'm putting the pasta salad and salad in, and then the scoop will be the serving spoon. I thought cupcakes would be super cute with coordinating polka dots if I had used the Flip Flop Fun stuff.

• For DD's party, I bought this hat -

https://www.diapers.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?productId=43093

and then the giraffe plates and napkins from that set (the giraffe has polka dots on him).  I'm going to buy solid colored other napkins/plates to coordinate with them.  I haven't thought too much about the food yet.  We're going to do party subs and I'm not sure what else.  Probably pasta salad, green salad, veggies, etc.

This is DD's dress :) -

TTC #1 since 6/08. Cycle #6 - BFP 12/22/08, EDD 9/3/09, DD 8/14/09 at 37w1d
    TTC #2 since 6/11
    me=36 - low AMH, DH=38
    BFP #2 - 8/31/11, EDD 5/10/12, M/C 9/23/11
    BFP #3 - 3/4/12, EDD 11/14/12, CP 3/11/12
    BFP #4 - 5/9/12, EDD 1/19/13, CP 5/11/12
    BFP #5 - 8/22/12, EDD 5/5/13, CP 8/24/12
    IVF#1 - January 2013 - EPP/Antagonist - 7R, 3M, 2F, 3dt of 2 8-cell embies
    BFP #6 - 2/3/13, EDD 10/15/13, DS 9/18/13 at 36w1d
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemoonfaerie:
    To go with a beachy theme, I got cute sand buckets (new- have never been used for sand!) that I'm putting the pasta salad and salad in, and then the scoop will be the serving spoon.

I love this idea for your beach theme. I am going to have to remember this if I ever do a Beach Theme!

• We're doing a polka dot party. :)

For decorations, we found some paper lanterns on clearance at Hobby Lobby, so we'll have those hanging around inside. I am making her a birthday banner matching our theme (similar to this:https://www.katydidandkid.com/2009/03/kitchen-table-crafts-birthday-banner.html), but with circle punches instead of tracing bowls. ;) I also made a tissue paper wreath to hang on the front door with a wooden number 1 in the middle and will put bunches of balloons in a few corners inside. I might, if I have time, make a few strands of paper garland with circles of different sizes tied together on ribbon. Maybe. We are using solid color plates/napkins/cups to match the polka dots - pink, orange & green.

For food, we are trying to do all round things - round finger sandwiches, cheese and cracker tray, spinach balls, sausage balls, and fruit salad with melon balls/grapes/etc. We are doing cupcakes with polka dots on top, and a round smash cake for DD. We are doing a raspberry punch for the pink drink, a green sherbert + ginger ale drink for the green, and an orange juice + something (Sprite?) for the orange. We will also have tea or water.

There is a pool too, so if people want to swim they can. We'll have a couple beach balls floating around at first. In the yard we will have DD's water table and sprinkler set up, and a baby pool full of ball pit balls, too.

The only thing I haven't figured out yet is favors.  

• imageMrsBeckO:

We're doing a polka dot party. :)

The only thing I haven't figured out yet is favors.  

We're doing pastel polka dots (martha stewart style) for Kate's 1st b'day..and our party favors are funfetti cookies on sticks frosted...so cute!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"