Parenting
Options

trying to make a grocery list and need ideas of meal that

can be made into 2 meals... like spaghetti one night and chicken parmesan another night.. what are your leftover meals? TIA

Re: trying to make a grocery list and need ideas of meal that

• Options

roast and potatoes and enchiladas.

grilled steak and then steak sandwiches the next day. 

• Options
    Roasted chicken with rice and veggie.  Quesidilla the next night. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    corned beef, with hash and eggs the next day
    AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
  • Options
    imagegoodheartedmommy:

roast and potatoes and enchiladas.

grilled steak and then steak sandwiches the next day. 

How do you use left over roast & potatoes as enchiladas?? I am assuming you just used the left over meat? 

• Options

I'm not usually a huge recipe follower. I mix up some spicy-type concoction with the roast and potatoes (I love potatoes in burritos) and make an enchilada topping. 

• Options
    meglewmeglew member
    One of my favorites is crockpot chili one night and then using the chili the next night to make nachos! 
    DD #1 - 01.08
    DD #2 - 03.13
  • Options

Leg of lamb one night, shepherd's pie the next (leftover lamb cut into cubes in the bottom of a casserole dish, leftover gravy, then a layer of frozen peas and topped with a layer of mashed potatoes. Bake until all bubbly and potatoes are browned.)

Roast chicken one night, chicken noodle soup the next. 

Pot roast one night, vegetable beef soup the following (all the leftover meat and juices in the crockpot with V8 juice, potatoes, carrots, celery, cabbage, whatever other veggies you like.) 

Grilled chicken (or flank steak) with a couple of sides the first night, cold leftover meat over salads the next night.

• Options

This whole post is featuring things I don't want to eat...

also: I have never planned a meal that would participate in part in the following day's meal...this is a new and interesting concept.

I must do things totally backward.

• Options
    imageBrideofranken:

also: I have never planned a meal that would participate in part in the following day's meal...this is a new and interesting concept.

Now I am curious, what do you eat? 

I have to say, that I have never made a lot of the things posted (lamb and though I love nachos, I have never considered serving them to my family), but I at least eat a few of the things.  

• Options
    imageJOEBunny:
    imageBrideofranken:

I have to say, that I have never made a lot of the things posted (lamb and though I love nachos, I have never considered serving them to my family), but I at least eat a few of the things.  

I always thought I ate mostly normal fare...like any human? Minus the meats, which we do not eat, but still- it's not like we eat feathers and sand or anything...

• Options
    imageBrideofranken:
    imageJOEBunny:
    imageBrideofranken:

I always thought I ate mostly normal fare...like any human? Minus the meats, which we do not eat, but still- it's not like we eat feathers and sand or anything...

imageBrideofranken:
    imageJOEBunny:
    imageBrideofranken:

Just curious, what have you had for dinner the last few nights? 

Wondering because what I've seen here, minus the meat, are things like noodle soup, vegetable soup, enchiladas, burritos,  quesadillas, salads, chili, rice w/veggies. I don't know...I guess I figure that's all pretty "normal fare," no?

• Options

Pot Roast -> French dip sanwiches, meat with gravy over egg noodles (or rice)

Roasted Chicken -> Chicken enchiladas, chicken pot pie, chicken tortilla soup, chicken soup, chicken tacos, etc.

spaghetti & meatballs -> meatball subs

grilled pork loin -> BBQ pork in crockpot

• Options

imageBrideofranken:

Vegetarians don't do this as much as the carnivores because cooked veggies are gross and soggy the next day.  But I'll sometimes make omlettes out of leftover stirfry or taquitos out of leftover veggie taco stuff. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"