Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

If you have the BJ City Mini, what else do you have?

I only now just started looking at strollers so I wasn't familiar with the BJ City Mini that now, like a lot of you, I have decided I have to have!

Before, I really wanted to just get the Snap 'n' Go frame for an infant stroller. Since the City Mini is so lightweight and an adapter is available, I'm wondering if I should skip the SNG or if it will still be easier to use that first.

Also wondering if you have any other strollers besides the City Mini or if you've found that's all you need? I assumed we would need more than one.

Thanks!

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!

Re: If you have the BJ City Mini, what else do you have?

• Options
    We are doing the BJ City Mini and the Graco frame for the car seat. For us the cost of the adapter for the city mini and the Graco frame were only a $10 difference. We were told that we would need to remove the car seat adapter each time we collapsed the BJ city mini. For a $10 difference, I was not interested in attaching the adapter to unattach it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageFive Months to Plan:
    We are doing the BJ City Mini and the Graco frame for the car seat. For us the cost of the adapter for the city mini and the Graco frame were only a $10 difference. We were told that we would need to remove the car seat adapter each time we collapsed the BJ city mini. For a $10 difference, I was not interested in attaching the adapter to unattach it.

I never took off the car seat adapter when I folded the city mini, you don't need to.

I would skip the snap and go.  With the car seat adapter you have the option to use it as long as you want.  With the S&G, once you put it away, you are stuck!  Plus, in the adapter, DD sat up much higher than babies in the S&G, which I liked a lot.

Oh and we have a maclaren because we live near the outlet store and got it new in the box on an end of the year massive clearance sale :)

Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for the information. I am glad to know we do not need to remove the adapter.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageFive Months to Plan:
    Thank you for the information. I am glad to know we do not need to remove the adapter.

No you don't have to remove it, but it definitely doesn't fold up as compactly if you leave it on.  However, if this was my first baby and I didn't already have the snap n go, I would probably go ahead and buy the adapter.  But since I have a SNG, my plan is to use that primarily for short trips and just have DS walk and hold on to the side.  But we did get the City mini double as our "main" stroller for big trips/travel. 

• Options
    I got the adapter for the infant seat to use with my City Mini, but yet to use it b/c still waiting on baby's arrival.  But, it made sense not to have an entire other SNG frame that would otherwise take up a lot of space once no longer in use.  I also have a jogging stroller and an umbrella stroller, b/c both were given as hand-me-downs.  If you do want a true jogging stroller for exercise purposes, the city mini is not advised for that use.
  • Options

imageilmatrimonio:
    I got the adapter for the infant seat to use with my City Mini, but yet to use it b/c still waiting on baby's arrival.  But, it made sense not to have an entire other SNG frame that would otherwise take up a lot of space once no longer in use.  I also have a jogging stroller and an umbrella stroller, b/c both were given as hand-me-downs.  If you do want a true jogging stroller for exercise purposes, the city mini is not advised for that use.

I wish I had the need for a real jogger lol. That's why I love the City Mini, I like the style of the joggers but felt odd buying one knowing that I wouldn't actually jog with it. The name is pretty misleading though, I wonder how many people buy it not realizing it's not a real jogger.

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Options

I only have the city mini no other stroller and don't think I will need one. I bought the adapter for the Graco seat and leave it attached. We love this stroller. I also bought the parent tray for it. 

I would suggest if you plan to fly with it to buy the travel bag. We took it with us on vacation and the fabric was damaged during the flight. We checked it at the gate. So now my fantastic stroller has some holes and stains. Bummer!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I never used the Snap N Go.  My carseat fit into my full sized stroller for occasions where I had to do that. I rarely kept him in his carseat, even when he was a newborn, because he got really sweaty.

My other stroller is the Peg Perego Uno.  I got it because it laid completely flat, had a foot muff, and a reversible handle, so it was like a bassinet, that allowed me to put my newborn in it. 

It has something called a "freedom of movement harness" that isn't permanently affixed to the back of the seat, so my son is able to lean forward, which he loves.  Now that he is older, I put food and his sippy cup on the tray for him, and he can move forward to get it.  The BJ City Mini, doesn't sit totally straight up like that, but it is a great lightweight stroller.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We are going to use our City Mini(with carseat adaptor) for our travel/umbrella stroller and the Uppababy Vista will be our full-sized stroller. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"