January 2011 Moms
Options

NBR: Chelsea's wedding

All this round the clock coverage of Chelsea Clinton getting married is going to make me hurl. Seriously. I know people are into it because we watched her grow up inside and outside of the White House, but I just don't understand why "celebrity" weddings are such a big deal in the media. And I'm a journalist LOL

Discuss.

Re: NBR: Chelsea's wedding

• Options
    I agree.  Tell me they are getting married and tell me that they got married over the weekend.  That's all I need to know.  Let them enjoy this day with their loved ones, not the whole US.  Somethings are private/personal and weddings are one of them IMO.
  • Options
    I honestly think that all the secrecy that they went actually caused more of a media hype had they just released all the details.  If they had just been like, here's the date, the place, the dress, etc., then the media wouldn't have so much to speculate over.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think people can go unnoticed if they wanted to and keep it private.  Maybe perhaps they like the attention? I cannot even wrap my head around a three million dollar wedding!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    She is getting married 10 minutes from where I live and it's super annoying because they are redirecting traffic all over the place so no one can drive anywhere near the place.  I feel bad for all the local businesses because there are about 20 places that will be affected. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageRachelMarie83:
    I honestly think that all the secrecy that they went actually caused more of a media hype had they just released all the details.  If they had just been like, here's the date, the place, the dress, etc., then the media wouldn't have so much to speculate over.

No, but they still would have shown up in droves.

One thing I learned from planning my own wedding is that it's really not as big of a deal as others make it out to be. It's a special day but it should only be a big deal among your family and close friends. I know others don't think like I do and that's cool, but having cameras and news trucks and satellite trucks and round the clock coverage is just overkill to me. Let them have their day and move on!

SN: I don't think there was this much coverage for Jenna Bush, was there? Or was I just not paying attention?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"