Multiples

Babywise moms...

I am attempting the Babywise routine. Quick question, during naptime do you put them in their cribs? Do you swaddle them? DD seems to only fall asleep if she's snuggled on DH or myself, and DS likes to nap in his bouncer.

Also, how long does/did your LO nap during the feed/wake/sleep routine? I am afraid it will take me close to 2 hours to actually get them settled into a nap before we'll start the routine all over - esp. if they're in their cribs! Any tips/advice?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Babywise moms...

• I am reading Baby Wise right now, so I don't have advice yet.  I'm curious to see what others say.

I am praying the babywise schedule works for us!

• Hi girls!

I started Babywise at 4 weeks and it has been a total lifesaver!  The girls started STTN 5+ hours within 10 days!

For us, it took a little while for me to figure out wake/nap times.  I finally realized after a few weeks that they were STTN longer and longer, no matter how long they slept during the day, so I stopped freaking out about trying to keep them up! 

As for naps, they wouldn't nap unless I swaddled them.  Sometimes they'd go down in their cribs (I always tried!) and sometimes the swing.  Crying it out (CIO) did work for them, although a lot of people will say they're too young to do it.  It just takes a little of work at it to figure out what your babies crying is about.  For example, Summer CIO just fine.  She just makes a lot of noise...that's her personality.  Whereas if Amelia is crying, there is something she really needs.

My advice is to really try to stick to that schedule as best you can.  Even if it takes you two hours to get the baby down for a 20 minute nap before you wake them up again to eat.  We had to go through that before they caught on.  Now at almost 12 weeks they have been sleeping almost 9 hours a night for weeks and we are working on extending their 3hr scedule to 3 1/2 - 4 hours.  Just depends on the feeding.  There are some they are ready right on time, and others that we can extend. 

Good luck girls!  Also, check out this blog for help!  It was a lifesaver for my questions at the beginning!  www.babywisemom.com

Rose

Rose Proud momma of twin girls born 5/12/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"