December 2010 Moms

Growing Pains?

A few days ago I posted and got some great responses about growing pains in my entire pelvic area.  I called my doctor just in case, and she let me know that since I'm carrying most of my weight in my belly, and I was small to start, that these are just pains making room for our lil munchkin. 

Last night, though, was the first time, I truly felt uncomfortable trying to sleep.  I swore my entire sides were bruised they were so sore, and I couldn't get comfortable. Anyone else having any growing pains recently??  The doc said they might last until 28 weeks....I'm hoping one of those body pillows might help!

Re: Growing Pains?

• I def get hip pain like bruising when I sleep some nights. I have found the heating pad can do wonders. I have one that shuts off after 30 minutes so I don't fall asleep with it on for hours on end.

Also, don't rotate from side to side quickly. That will hurt. I find it's best if I get up, pee, then go back to bed. This gives the pain some time to subside before I try to roll over on the other side. 

Sometimes sleeping with a pillow between my knees helps, but that is more for lower back pain. 

• Yes, I especially get them at night and when I walk/do too much. I have the Boppy Total Body pillow, as well as a body pillow for sleeping and they help, but I definitely still get the pains. I get them in my hips as well as on the sides of my belly (mostly on the right).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • About 3 weeks ago I started having siatic nerve pain, the pain is ridiculous and shoots down my right butt/leg area.  I thought it would get better, but I feel like it is getting worse.  Sometimes I can't even walk without the pain being out of control and my right leg will give out on me.  And sleeping, forget it,  I can't get comfortable at all.  I think the movement that is going on down there may be pushing on some weird nerves.  It is a scary feeling when you are so use to just getting up and going as you please.  Hope you are feeling better soon!  Lets hope we all get some rest now because we all are going to need it.
  • yes, I have this all of the time. It feels like my groin is always sore. changing positions (like one side to the other) while sleeping is the worst and I always wake up. Often lifting my legs to put pants on is a pain.

I'm happy to hear it could go away at 28 weeks. I figured it would just get worse the whole time!

For me, sometimes exercise helps. I think stretching might as well. Once my blood is running through those muscles & ligaments, the movements that usually cause pain end up being ok. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"