Single Parents
Options

What do I need to do to have scheduled visitation established?

I agreed to let dd go to the beach w/DB and her siblings. She would love to see them and, of course, a break would be nice. I didn't have the email with the dates so I asked him so I can plan accordingly with work & my sister (babysit for her). He wrote back with the date they are leaving so I asked when they would be back. This fool told me "through Wed. or Thur. or whenever I decide it's over" and "we need to figure out when I can get her not when it's over." Um, yes, we do douchetwat. I want a concrete date I can expect my child back for my peace-of-mind as well as needing to know for work. Is that really too much for me to ask? I agreed to fly her there on my off day and he can pay for her fare (I fly free, hers is discounted). I have been making such an effort lately to be cordial and non-b*tchy with him and thought we were doing well. I'm starting to feel the urge to want to shank him again. I would love if we could just set visits up on our own but he apparently can't do it with cooperation.

Re: What do I need to do to have scheduled visitation established?

• Options

Lawyer, parenting agreement.  While you are there, revisit his child support.

Just remember, when you have a custody agreement in place, sadly it doesn't mean they have to follow it. KWIM?  He could just not pick her up for the weekend etc.  I don't know what type of enforcement is in your state, but in mine it is minimal for that.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I don't know how to say this w/o it sounding awful. But, I don't care *if* he actually gets her ... well, I do but hopefully you kwim ... I really moreso want to avoid this trying to schedule stuff when he wants to see her but him being vague on things like when he'll bring her back/I pick her up. If it's set, it's set and he knows what the *expectations* are. Ugh. I hope that made sense.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Tifanico, I am the one who has to purchase them b/c it goes through my pass travel through my old airline job. I don't think he'll try to keep her -- he's not that crazy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"