When my DD was younger she would get really bad rashes. After an increase in the rashes my Dr. ordered the RAST blood test for my DD. It came back that she has a peanut and cashew allergy. This past weekend we were at our camp and went to have dinner at our favorite restaurant (DD has eaten there many times). Even though she has eaten there before and I have asked before if they use peanut oil in the fryer (she always eats chicken fingers and french fries) I asked the waitress to double check. I was shocked when they came back and told me yes. My DH and I spoke with the manager and she said they have always used peanut oil and we were given incorrect information the last time we asked. My DD never had any sort of reaction when she ate there in the past.
How did you find out about your LO allergy? Should I seek out further testing since she had food cooked in peanut oil and had no reaction? Has anybody had a blood test show an allergy and then find out later it was wrong?