Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

s/o bathing with a swimsuit on

If you want your LO to grow up thinking that s/he needs to be ashamed of his/her body and that no matter what s/he does, s/he won't be beautiful then, yes, wear a swimsuit in the tub with your baby.

How's that for passive aggressive?

(I know I'm late. I'm a nighttime Bumpie now. Stick out tongue )

This is a test. This is only a test.

Re: s/o bathing with a swimsuit on

• Options
    What clothes? you're supposed to wear them? I didn't get that memo ;) Oh and Neither did Hayden...
  • Options

Lol.

I shower with Jack a lot. When I do so, I also take a shower. It's hard to get clean with a suit on. : I just don't see the point.

Jack Anderson 2.28.10 Our amazing little man. image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love you HawtSauce, you and your passive aggressive ways.
  • Options
    imageNastyAnnie:

Lol.

I shower with Jack a lot. When I do so, I also take a shower. It's hard to get clean with a suit on. : I just don't see the point.

Yeah, the suit would cover the parts that need to be cleaned the most, right? lol

shkdo: We're always naked at the Casa Del HotSauce. And if we're not naked, we're in our underwear. It'll stay that way until either of the kids make it known that they are uncomfortable. But, when I'm in the shower with the door closed and DS comes in and opens the shower door so he can talk to me while he poops I get the feeling that he's not uncomfortable. Wink

• Options

imageneonstarfish:
    I love you HawtSauce, you and your passive aggressive ways.

That's how I roll, yo.

• Options

LOL I still chat with my momma when she bathes LOL

• Options

I agree, but my parent were/are super comfy with nudity.

My kids will absolutely see me and DH naked. Not gratuitously, but hey if I'm walking from the shower to get clean clothes, then I'll probably do it naked. 

There are bigger issues in the world than being naked with your child. They came out of our vaginas for crying out loud. 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options
    imageshkdo0701:

LOL I still chat with my momma when she bathes LOL

lol, me, too.

• Options
    I bathe with DD naked, but I put her in a swimsuit to shower..... Why?? She is too darn slippery that I need it so I can hold onto her. I usually shower with her when I need to get cleaned so it doesn't matter and then she gets a nice bath to get cleaned.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

LOL naked is the way to go.

• Options

I saw this posted yesterday. Its silly to be that concerned about nudity with a child of your own especially an infant. I mean seriously its more disturbing to me to have a suit on then to be nude. WHATEVER.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Here's my take on it. If you can put your boobs in your kid's mouth - what does it matter if they see you naked?? Smile

Oh and according to my psychology book, children don't start developing memories (except the "how to do things" kind) until they are around 2-3 years old because they have no self-awareness until then. So there is no scarring them for life when you're naked in front of them at 6 months old because they wont even remember it 5 minutes later!

• Options
    imageKateLouise:

There are bigger issues in the world than being naked with your child. They came out of our vaginas for crying out loud. 

Mine came out of my abdomen TYVM. Stick out tongue

Proud Mama to Mickey (12.03.09) and Nemo (06.06.13)

• Options

I think kids are going to be far more scarred by how their parents parent then what they wore in the bath when they were an infant.

[color=#FF0000]Mom to 5 girls 23,22,18,9,7 and one sweet Wonderboy almost 4[/color]
    The Chaos of Six!
  • Options
    I find it so odd that people put swimsuits on to shower/bathe with their LO's. I mean, it would never even occur to me to do this. Your child saw you from the inside for goodness sake and most babies have had boobs shoved in their mouths at one point or another. I just don't get the point of being so conservative around an infant.

DD sees me naked on a daily basis. When I shower, I bring her exersaucer in the bathroom and undress/dress right in front of her. I highly doubt I'm scarring her for life.
  • Options
    imageHotSauceonaStick:
    imageNastyAnnie:

Lol.

Yeah, the suit would cover the parts that need to be cleaned the most, right? lol

shkdo: We're always naked at the Casa Del HotSauce. And if we're not naked, we're in our underwear. It'll stay that way until either of the kids make it known that they are uncomfortable. But, when I'm in the shower with the door closed and DS comes in and opens the shower door so he can talk to me while he poops I get the feeling that he's not uncomfortable. Wink

We are very much the same way in our house. When my son was a lot younger, I think almost three?, he asked if I had an under penis. I explained that girls have vaginas and boys have penises. Make an issue and you'll have issues. Be honest, open, and straight forward with your child and they will likely grow up the same.

To OP: huh? I clearly missed something ridiculous. Was it the same woman who was livid because her five year old daughter saw a naked little boy at the pool?

• Options
    My kids see me naked all the time. My 6 year old likes to stare though, so I am trying to not be naked as much around him. Although I will not freak out if he does see me, its inevitable since he doesn't always knock.
    Effing crazy people.
  • Options
    CTri17CTri17 member

I shower with my clothes on

the floor Smile

No really though, I shower with DD. I shower first while she sits in the bumbo then she comes in with me.

~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Options
    Eh, if shes not comfortable with it, shes not comfortable with it.  Its not going to scar her child for life if she wears a bathing suit.  To say it will give him/her self esteem issues is being quite dramatic.
    Audrey- December 2009
    Owen- April 2011
    Olivia- Due December 24th
  • Options
    yeah, it's kind of ridiculous to be uncomfortable being naked with your own child, but feel comfortable posting half naked pictures of yourself on the interwebs.  not healthy body image.
  • Options

imageliv97:
    yeah, it's kind of ridiculous to be uncomfortable being naked with your own child, but feel comfortable posting half naked pictures of yourself on the interwebs.  not healthy body image.

Yes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"