Cincinnati Babies

Where to find a dress

in a hurry.  I need a dress to wear to a wedding tomorrow night.  I haven't had time to think about this until right now.  I am finally losing weight (yay), so I don't want to spend a lot on a dress that won't fit in a month.  Just something cute that will hide my flabber.  Where to go in a hurry?  I thought maybe JCP or Kohls?  Maybe Ann Taylor Loft?  I am a true petite size, so I have to shop the petite department.  Thoughts?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Where to find a dress

• kel716kel716 member

I've had very little luck at Kohl's, and much better luck at Dillards or Macy's.  But maybe that's just because their dresses fit my style.  I'd probably go to JCP to check and then head to Kenwood if that doesn't work out. 

GL.  I hate dress shopping. 

• I've gotten some really cute dresses at Kohl's.  You could also try Dress Barn, there is one in West Chester at VOA.  Kohl's across the street from there too :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • And YAY for you for losing!!  I have lost 8 pounds and I am so excited!
  • imagedoodlebug914:
    And YAY for you for losing!!  I have lost 8 pounds and I am so excited!

Good for you!  It feels good to see the pounds melt away. Thank you for the recos.  I forgot about Dress Barn.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I pretty much agree with Kel. I hate Kohls and do much better at Macys or Dillards. Don't forget about TJMaxx, they have a pretty wide selection of dresses and the price is right although I can't speak for their petite department.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageMoesten:
    I pretty much agree with Kel. I hate Kohls and do much better at Macys or Dillards. Don't forget about TJMaxx, they have a pretty wide selection of dresses and the price is right although I can't speak for their petite department.

exactly this!  I love TJMaxx!

Kristen & Mike 7/2005
    Griffin 10/2007
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just got a dress at Macy's yesterday.  I like the INC brand which has a wide variety of petite selections.  The dresses at Ann Taylor Loft seemed to be shapeless and not flattering - this could also be because I still have some weight to lose.
  • I was in JCP recently and they had a ton of clearance cute dresses!  They don't tend to have a ton of petite dresses (I am petite, also).  I think their dresses fit petites well.  I don't know that I'd spend the $ on Ann Taylor Loft if you are (yay) continually losing.  Macys usually has cute petite dresses, I just never make it to department stores much :)  It is a struggle to find cute petite dresses that aren't Sag Harbor!
    Married 12.27.03

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Definitely Ann Taylor petite section. I have never struck out there for petite sizes. I love their stuff. If you're willing to splurge, I have always found that White House Black Market dresses can generally fit petites as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"