Cincinnati Babies

Artwork inspiration

Where can I find artwork inspiration for DD's big girl room?  I have not chosen a theme, and we may not go all in with a particular theme.   I still have not seen anything that is not bubblegum pink and same old same old when looking at room decor.  Nothing is grabbing at me.   I am thinking about getting several small canvases and painting simple things on them for decoration.  Just wondering where to find some inspiration for them.  Maybe I will find some guidance on the room theme if I find artwork I would like to knock off?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Artwork inspiration

• kel716kel716 member

Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Kohl's?   Maybe Home Goods? 

GL, I think you may be approaching it from the right angle. 

Or maybe just start looking at some of those room websites or PBK's accessory line? 

• I did see some on PBK that I may try.  I can do the simple stuff.  I can't do anything intricate as I have no painting classes yet.  I may even do some quilting/sewing to make something a little different to put in there.  I am better at that.  I just need to see some cute kid room art.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I just purchased two canvas prints at Homegoods for Ethan's room.  They are large... maybe 30x30?  And they were 24.99 each.  They are by Colleen Karis Designs and I love them... there are tons of different prints and I see different ones each time I go there.  I lucked out because I saw them about a month ago (before I found his bedding) and passed them up, went back again and they were gone, and then scored them this week :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Etsy...artwork galore!
  • I love PBK for art inspiration.  I saw this at PBK about a year ago and fell in love with it, although we obviously don't have any use for it right now.

Then I decided to recreate it for Loriz's Allison (for her birthday), but using a ladybug instead.  I think it came out really cute!

FYI, those are not real buttons in the original pic.  I was really dissapointed when I went into a PBK store to check it out and found out that the buttons were not even real, but the art costs like $60!  I did end up using real buttons for the ladybug though.

Kristen & Mike 7/2005
    Griffin 10/2007
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree with PP...etsy!  That is where I got my inspiration!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"