Multiples

Any "Baby Wise" MoMs out there?

I'm interested in reading it/implementing some of the strategies/theories. ?Has anyone had success with it? ?Pros, cons? ?I'm interested in your experiences!

My LOs are almost 7 weeks, and I'm BFing them. ?They go down around 8pm, wake up at midnight, go down again, wake up at 3am, and go down once more for 2.5ish hours. ?This puts us until 6am, and then they might go down for another bit, or might be ready to be awake. ?I'd really love to have them moving to sleeping for some longer stretches...

TIA!?

Re: Any "Baby Wise" MoMs out there?

• I read it and plan on trying.  One of my MFM's with twins highly recommends it.  Someone on here always raves about it...I think Goldie.
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • I read it and also Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child and Secrets of the Baby Whisperer. Personally, I found HSHHC more helpful and practical (and based on more extensive sleep research). I definitely integrated stuff from all three books though. A lot of the MoMs in my local MOTC love and swear by Babywise. I guess it depends on what types of problems come up for you; HSHHC has a lot of trouble-shooting and sleep research that I found very helpful.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Loading the player...
  • did it, LOVED it. and it worked exactly like the book said it would. boys were STTN at 10 weeks. they wake up happy, giggling, laughing and wait up to 45 min for me to get in there (depending on what time they wake up vs. when it is 'time' to wake up). everyone always asks me how i have such happy, calm babies and i really attribute it to this book. and my children def. are not starving they are off the charts for height and in the 90% for weight. at 9 mo. they were in 24 mo. clothes. 

i never let them cry like the book suggests, i felt that was too extreme, but the more i followed the schedule they just fell into it as well. i read it and took what i liked (the schedule) and discarded what i didnt like (the CIO). i still follow it. it just makes sense to me, esp. with two babies to do things on a schedule. and now they are great alarm clocks too (try going 3 min. past when it is time to eat they start whining). read it and if it makes sense to you do it. it worked for us!!!

• I haven't had my twins yet, but I did Baby Wise with my DS who is 4 1/2 and LOVED IT!  He was a great baby but we attribute 75% to the book.  We did the 3 hour rotation, feed/wake/sleep, not rocking/feeding him to sleep, and by 5 weeks he was sleeping 5 hours at a stretch at night, by 8 weeks he was sleeping 8 hours at a stretch at night, and by 12 weeks he was sleeping 12 hours at a stretch at night.  He has only woken up in the middle of the night a handful of times in 4 1/2 years (mostly for sickness).  He has always been good at eating, sleeping, napping, and following a routine thanks to Baby Wise, Toddler Wise, and Preschool Wise.  I recommend it to everyone, but it definitely depends on the person as to whether they will like it or not.
  • I also have had had great success!  I started it at 4 weeks with my girls and although it was tough the first couple of weeks, like the PP said, they were STTN just as the book says! 

We even did the CIO and that worked!  Well, really it just helped us figure out their crying habits.  We figured out that Amelia really needs something when she crys and we give Summer 5-10 min to CIO and if she's still going (which she usually is not) then she needs something.  So, it's worth a shot if you are up to it. 

Good luck!

Rose

Rose Proud momma of twin girls born 5/12/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"