High-Risk Pregnancy

GD-What was your fasting # for your 3 hour

I failed my 1 hour test with a 138 (doctor wanted 135). So I took the 3 hour last Saturday and the numbers were as follows: Fasting 83, 1 hour 178, 2 hour 165, 3 hour 99. The nurse at my OB's office said that only the 2 hour number was elevated but that they want me to meet with a diabetic counselor anyhow. She said that I don't have a GD diagnosis right now but that they want me to monitor so I don't "cross over". I was just wondering how other's who have been diagnosed with GD's numbers compared to mine.

Re: GD-What was your fasting # for your 3 hour

• Fasting-87, 1hr-162, 2hr-165, 3hr-155

My fasting and 1 hour were ok, the 2 and 3 hour were fails.  I was able to control my GD with diet and exercise. 

Love: 8.10.99
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

• My fasting number was 97 (the cut off was 95, I believe). I also failed the one hour mark (by like ten points). I passed the two and three hour marks. My doctor considers you to have GD if you failed any two of the readings.
  • Loading the player...
  • _JRG__JRG_ member
    I failed 3 of the four blood draws but I don't remember the numbers.  I haven't been successful controlling my numbers with diet and exercise and will start insulin soon.  I learned so much from going to a diabetic counselor about eating.  I would go and listen to her advice.  The diet isn't so bad at all!
  • Fasting 84

1 hr 204

2 hr 185

3 hr 130

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I was lurking here because I had a GD question, but I was in a similar situation as you...failed the one hour (131) and had only one bad number (2 hr) on the GTT.  My numbers were 81, 162, 167, 94.  My doctor diagnosed me as "sensitive" and told me to follow the GD diet.  It was pretty obvious early on anyway that I was having some issues because I was gaining a ton of weight for "no reason."  Once I cut out the pasta (my husband's Italian family loved that) and all sugar and kept to whole grain and low carb foods I was fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"