Northern California Babies

Any kids w/ mysterious rashes?

I just took A in for allergy testing this morning, as she s'times gets a random rash... mostly on her face, but also on her stomach, arms, legs, etc.  Early on DH & I diagnosed her as allergic to Oats... had consistent break-outs when given oatmeal or when I stupidly put Aveeno sunscreen on her.  But she also gets the rash at other times once in awhile when NO oats are in her system.  Anyway- allergy testing showed NO allergies!!!!!  YAAAY!  (Not even to oats!)!  But- now what?!  We got a referral to a dermatologist, but wtf?!?!  What could cause this?  Any experiences?

Re: Any kids w/ mysterious rashes?

• That sounds a lot like Will's eczema (sp?).  He gets it everywhere, but in particular on his tummy, and arms and legs on the insides of the joints.

We've seen a pediatric dermatologist a number of times and tried all kinds of creams.  What is finally working is a couple times a week we put a tiny bit of bleach in their bath (it's ok for Sam to get it too even though he's never even had a diaper rash in his life).  I think it's 1/8th of a cup or something like that.

We then slather him up with Cerave lotion or Cetaphil cream on the bad spots.  He's got a couple prescriptions we use for gnarly outbreaks, but since we started with the bleach, he's been almost totally rash-free.

Our derm is great if you want to come to Vallejo!  We actually had babies the same day at the same hospital. :) 

• I was also going to say eczema, Peyton has had it since he was an infant.

We have a prescription strength cream we use on the bad spots, but the Cetaphil lotion and cream work really well (you can get a large size bottle at Costco).

• Loading the player...
  • can you describe it a little bit? Eczema is definitely a possibility, it usually looks like scaly red dry patches. Sometimes on the face it looks more like little bumps.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • E gets carpet burn from rolling around and playing on the carpet.  He'll get it on his face, arms, legs, wherever its exposed to the carpet.  It looks like lots of tiny red bumps and it usually lasts about half a day.  Just another possibility.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"