Toddlers: 24 Months+

Perhaps I'm a bad person, but I hate these b!tches on 3-6

Okay, maybe not hate, but I'm sick with envy.

How do so many of these women have 3 or 4 month old babies sleeping 12 hours straight??? I dont' get it. Is it a case of only those who have reason to brag responded? If so, I expected to see a lot more women like me chiming in that they were jealous. Jack didn't sttn the night till he was a year old. Cooper is down at 8, up at 1 and 4, and squirms and fidgets until 7.

Here's a linky. Super Angry

Edit: I linked to page 2 of the replies by accident; there's a whole page of "my baby sleeps from 7 - 7!!!" on page 1. Ugh.

Re: Perhaps I'm a bad person, but I hate these b!tches on 3-6

• I thought I was lucky with DD sleeping from 8 or 9 PM to 5 AM! Guess not. :) No, really I am BLESSED she is doing so well because DS didn't STTN until after 18 months (no kidding). At this age, he was up every 2 hours. I was dying of exhaustion. My biggest question is how the hell they are getting their LOs to sleep until 7, 8, or 9 AM? DD is awake at 5 AM or so and wide awake for the day. There is no getting her back to sleep, food or not (I've tried putting her back down). DS was the same way, and is still a super early riser (usually 6 or 6:30). Of course, I love to sleep in, so I was cursed with super early risers!

I really wouldn't let it get to you too much. You know they are just bragging and the people with LOs who wake 10 times a night are just not responding (or are too tired to respond--LOL!). Your scenario is much more common at this young age. I just lucked out---it's certainly nothing that I did. And this is why they invented sleep training for older infants.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This should make you feel better - DD is almost 2 and just started sleeping throught the night about 2 weeks ago! And I'm not holding my breath for it to stick.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think DS2 has baby instincts.  I think he know I would lose my sh!t if he didn't sleep.  DS1 on the other hand is not napping, getting up really early and is a complete brat all.the.time.  I love him, but this has to end. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageBrewtowngrl:
    DS1 on the other hand is not napping, getting up really early and is a complete brat all.the.time.  I love him, but this has to end. 

Did you read my other post? Seriously, I'm going through the same thing with DS.  

• There are 3 of us girls who have been friends for years.  We all have LOs 9-10 months apart from each other.  Their babies sttn at 5 and 8 weeks.  I kid you not.  Mine was 9 months when we finally implemented CIO, which we have had to revert to about 5 times since them.  Grrr.  I am really jealous of them and their sleeping children.  Oh, and they each had MUCH longer maternity leaves than me to have been dealing with a baby up multiple times a night.  Grrrr. 

• I didn't think babies like that actually, truly existed until I had my DD2. DD1 was not a great sleeper or a great napper. I was exhausted a lot, for a long time. 

But DD2 started STTN at two months. She hit a sleep regression just before four months (same thing happened, only worse, with DD1) but she's gotten back to doing 6-8 hour stretches at least once, most nights. 

The other night she did 8 p.m.-8 a.m. and was up once at 3:30 to eat. Even though she's not necessarily sleeping straight through, I consider myself really lucky that I got a good sleeper this time around. 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • imageBrewtowngrl:
    I think DS2 has baby instincts.  I think he know I would lose my sh!t if he didn't sleep.  DS1 on the other hand is not napping, getting up really early and is a complete brat all.the.time.  I love him, but this has to end. 

OMG! this is our house to a T right down to DS having great baby instincts and DD being a brat lol! I am sorry your going through it to but it is good to know someone else has trouble with their toddler. I feel like all the kids DD's age that we are around are perfect angels and there's DD running around not doing what she is told and just being a brat!  Ugh so frustrating....

• I get jealous of your LO's sleeping schedule lol olivia will sleep only about 9 hours a night and have a 2 hour nap. I wish she slept 10 to 12 hours lol
  • Ds#2 has been an amazing sleeper.  He started sleeping 8 hours at 4 weeks and has been doing a good 12 hours since 2 months.  Ds#1 was a totally different story.  We finally had to cry it out at 18 months. My BFF's son is 3 1/2 and had NEVER STTN. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • *LrCg**LrCg* member

Please don't hate me.  Both my "babies" are great sleepers.  From the start they would only wake 2 times at night and nurse and go right back to sleep.  By 8 weeks they were sleeping 12 hours straight and my DS is 22 months and continues to sleep 12 hours straight (DD is 5 months and sleeps 12 hours straight).  From birth to 8 weeks they were sleeping anywhere from 5-8 hours straight at night.  We didn't know if it was a fluke with DS but when DD did it as well we can only say its because we bedshare.  They say bedsharing makes them secure sleepers and that the mimick your sleeping habits and I must agree with that completely.  And we had no issues with them moving out of our bed- DS did it easily at 5 months and DD was 4 months (we're anti-CIO so that was never done).  We also stick with the schedule- no staying out at relatives, friends, etc.- bedtime and naptime is strict- our schedule revolves around their schedule.  It wasnt' until this year that we allowed DS to stay up past his bedtime for the first time to watch the fireworks.

• don't be a hater.

all 3 of my boys STTN at 8 weeks... literally, the night they turned 8 weeks for the twins, and in the 8th week for Griffin.  I credit Baby Wise - it worked wonderful for our boys - they are all great sleepers, eaters, and super happy.

I think some women brag about it... but for some of us- it's just how it is- and we're happy and proud - not bragging.... and like me - I try to offer up advice, though, you can't start BAby Wise with a child that is older - I do think it's great for pg moms to learn about it and decide if it's right for them. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"