Toddlers: 24 Months+

XP: Name on Backpack?

Looking at ordering DD a backpack from the Disney Store for our upcoming vacation / plane ride to hold books and snacks.

Is it really a bad idea to personalize with her first name?  If so, should I do initilas or leave it just with a character.  

Which character do you like?  I am leaning to Pooh.

https://www.disneystore.com/bags-totes-create-your-own-backpack-for-preschoolers/p/1247416/65016/ 

Re: XP: Name on Backpack?

• I bought a backpack for DD last year and had her initials put on it. The full name thing freaks me out.

Not sure about the character, I guess I'd say put whichever one is your DD's favorite.

• eesomeeesome member
    I think just initials is best.
    I heard a horror story once about someone having their daughters first name on a bag, a predator reeled her in by saying "Come here, Stacey...It's okay...let's go get some ice cream!" when her mom wasn't looking. Next thing you know, Stacey is gone because she thought the man knew her since he said her first name.
    Not trying to scare you...just warn you!

As far as the character goes-- I like the Mickey Mouse one. : )
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I'm not a fan of the names on the backpacks thing. It kinds freaks me out too. I'd just do a character on it. And I like Minnie Mouse one.
  • The MDO program DS is going into requires the name on the outside of the bag. Otherwise, I'd only do initials, if anything.
  • imageeesome:
    I heard a horror story once about someone having their daughters first name on a bag, a predator reeled her in by saying "Come here, Stacey...It's okay...let's go get some ice cream!" when her mom wasn't looking. Next thing you know, Stacey is gone because she thought the man knew her since he said her first name.

This is all so bizarre to me. 

Do you call your child by their name in public? If so, anyone can hear, and use that name. I tend to know the name of just about every toddler I see at Target, since the Mom us yelling, Jason, come here! Kelsey, I said NO. Marissa. Mommy is getting frustrated. 

Unless you never address your child directly, this is just a crazy scary story, making people freak out 

2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • eesomeeesome member
    imageskoorbnibor:

imageeesome:

This is all so bizarre to me. 

Do you call your child by their name in public? If so, anyone can hear, and use that name. I tend to know the name of just about every toddler I see at Target, since the Mom us yelling, Jason, come here! Kelsey, I said NO. Marissa. Mommy is getting frustrated. 

Unless you never address your child directly, this is just a crazy scary story, making people freak out 

You make a good point, but I was addressing the question of the full name on the bag. I heard this story a few years ago, and ever since then I vowed to never put my child's first name on anything that the public will see. Just my personal opinion after hearing that awful story. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for the advice.  I was leaning to initials or nothing, but then found these super cute Skip Hop bags.  Decided on this one to avoid the question!

https://www.amazon.com/Skip-Hop-Little-Backpack-Penguin/dp/B002C30SAA

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"