High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Full Placenta Previa

I was diagnosed at almost 19 weeks with having the complete placenta previa, where my placenta is totally covering my cervix. Everything I've read online says that in that situation, the placenta usually doesn't move up and out of the way like it would if it were just partial placenta previa or just a low lying placenta. My doctor has told me to take it easier than I normally would but that I should really start taking it easy around 30 weeks. Has anyone had this problem or does anyone have this problem? If so, what advice did you get from your doctor? I'm really afraid of doing something to cause a bleed.
Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Full Placenta Previa

• Options

I had partial placenta previa at 20 weeks and my doc put me on strict work rest (I worked at an animal clinic, so he said dont lift anything over 5lbs)....NO SEX!!, well, his exact words were "do not insert anything into your vagina", lol, and no strenuous activity. I can imagine its more strict with your situation. 

So I would do just as he said. and take it very easy. That doesnt mean panic every time you get up from standing, but really dont lift anything heavy and dont run or do cartwheels or anything of that nature.

I would think it would be more strict now for you, since at 30 weeks, your baby has a much better chance of surviving if something happens. 

• Options
    95% of previas move by third trimester. I had a non moving partial (but closer to complete - 1 mm from internal os) previa that did not resolve prior to her birth at 33w4d. I was on complete pelvic rest and lifting restrictions from 19 weeks on. Babycenter has a great previa message board. Just try to take it easy and don't Google it. Horror stories galore.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had complete previa at my 18, 22, and 26 wk u/s...it ended up resolving by 35/36 wks when the lower segment of the uterus grew out/expanded.  I was told it wouldn't move but it did.  I was on pelvic rest (no sex, no exercise, no lifting) and was so worried about having a bleed my whole pregnancy (well until 35 wks) and ended up delivery at 38 wks due to pre-e (not previa) so you just never know what's going to happen.  Good luck, take it easy, and try not to freak out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"