High-Risk Pregnancy

GD-staying motivated at the end?

I'm scheduled for my c-section (breech baby) in just 5 days. I'm finding it very hard to stay motivated and on the diet like I used to. Not that I'm suddenly having fast food and cake for meals, but I am finding that I'm being a bit more "adventurous" with trying things that I normally would just not have.

and it's showing in my numbers. I'm supposed to be under 130 2 hours after meals, but I'm finding that a few times this week I've been closer to 150- which I never used to be.

How do you stay motivated to keep eating as healthy knowing the end is in sight? I know it should be easy since the end is near, but it's not, it's completely the opposite for me. Ugh, I always sucked at diets.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: GD-staying motivated at the end?

• Maybe since you only have 5 days left do a meal plan countdown. Planning 5 days is do-able! If you find yourself craving something unhealthy put it on a separate meal plan for the next week!
  • I have my c-section on Monday and I can definitely relate. Luckily though, I've fought off the cravings. I just tell myself that this is the most important time for the babies since they will be here so soon and I don't want them to have any blood sugar issues when they are born.  I just went to the store and bought a bag of chocolate chip cookies and potato chips and they are coming with me to the hospital!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh. Me too. I made chocolate chip cookies over the weekend as a treat for after my induction this week... and I had one after breakfast today. Who eats chocolate chip cookies for breakfast?!

I'm just over a day and half from my induction and I've got a strict meal plan (and orders for my husband to hide the cookies before I get home tonight) until we go in to the hospital Wednesday night.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"