Houston Babies

When did yoru baby start wearing shoes?

I've been seeing some super cute shoes online and I was thinking about getting some for DD. I read somewhere that it's not recommended for infants to wear shoes.

When did your kids starting wearing shoes?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: When did yoru baby start wearing shoes?

• 13 months, when he started going to MDO, he had to have shoes.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • My kids were infants and it was only because it was cold out and I could not get the socks to stay on without shoes.  As it warmed up the shoes came off and did not go back on until they were walking and only because I worried about ants and such.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DD got her first pair of shoes at 11 months when she started walking.
  • Not until she was trying to walk, and even then not often. I put shoes on the kids for cold weather (sometimes) or to dress-up for a couple hours or if required by MDO/daycare. If I'm remembering correctly, the daycare rule for babies was that they were not allowed to wear shoes inside, even the early walkers (they put shoes on to go outside and required socks). Then in the toddler room they were required to wear shoes.

Also, I made sure that the shoes were flexible enough that you could basically wad them up into a ball in your hand. The knock-off pedipeds from Target were what DD wore - they're in the shoe dept, not the baby dept where the knock-off Robeez are. They are labelled as pre-walker shoes, but they were great for walking in, just not super great for outdoors.

- Jena
  • When she started walking outside, around 11 months old
  • I confess, DD has a few she got as gifts that I have put on her for two occasions:

1 - 3 month pictures

2- when I took her to my aunt's house yesterday to meet my extended family

Otherwise she's just in socks and I love the kind that look like ballet slippers and such.

• Not until he started walking outside. The pediatrician said there is no need for shoes until you're worried about what they're going to step on.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love shoes so I bought them and DD wore them sporadically starting around 6 months. Soft soles like pedipeds and baby converse. She was walking at 10 months so I disagree that they impede learning to walk.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"