D.C. Area Babies

Convertible seat decision paralysis...Please help :)

Uggg....I hate when there seems to be so many choices that it gets overwhelming!  

We have a Chevy Tahoe.  Our DS is pretty average in size (mostly 50% in height and weight).  I plan to keep him rear facing until he hits the 30lbs and or 2 year mark.  

I have been looking at the Graco My Ride 65 and most of the Britax models. 

1) does seat depth matter for little boys and their little boy parts? (is having an adjustable crotchal strap important??

2) do the seats need to recline? 

Any and all input welcomed - sorry if this is the poor dead horse that keeps getting beaten! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Convertible seat decision paralysis...Please help :)

• We have the Britax marathon, and our 20 month old boy is on the larger side...we have a Toyota 4 Runner and a Hyundai Santa Fe, so seat size was not part of our decision making process (and you obviously won't have that problem either).  We really like the marathon as it's easy to use.

1) does seat depth matter for little boys and their little boy parts? (is having an adjustable crotchal strap important??  I have not found this to be an issue...

2) do the seats need to recline?  I really don't know...while the marathon does recline, we have never used that feature.  DS seems to be pretty comfortable.  We did start him forward facing at 13 months--as mentioned, he's a pretty big kid (80-90% in height and weight) and his legs were shoved up the back seat when we turned him around.

• 1.  I think having an adjustable crotch strap is important, esp. if you're planning on keeping your DS in the car seat until he reaches the FFing limit as well.  A 65 lb kid is going to need more room than a 20 lb kid!  Our car seat (Evenflo Triumph) actually requires you to move the crotch strap forward when you turn the seat FFing.

2.  Our seat has 3 recline positions.  When RFing, we were required to keep it fully reclined. I don't know if that's a function of the seat or if it's more due to a newborn/infant's comfort.  FFing, we can put it in a choice of 2 recline settings, but we've always had it completely upright.  I don't know that having recline for FFing is necessary.  

• Loading the player...
  • 1) we have a toddler seat, can't remember what kind, and our son has complained about the crotch strap being too close to his goods.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"