Washington Babies

***FFFC***

It's Friday right??   Have at it ladies!
imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch

Re: ***FFFC***

• Holden has been waking up and screaming at an ungodly hour for the past few days.  Hes not scream crying, just screaming, like for fun...   It is very annoying!   This morning I just went and shut his bedroom door and went back to bed til 8.   I would have gotten up if he started crying, but he never did.  I think tonight I will just shut his bedroom door after I check on him so I dont have to get up in the morning to close it.   In my defense, I work late and really need those extra 2-3 hours in the morning!
    imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • I'll quit whinning about my mom after this but I just have to get it out there.

The first thing she did when she came over this morning was open the fridge and eat the rest of the blueberry cobbler. It was a huge pan and I got 2 pieces and DH none. She makes the most awful loud eating noises that I could hear from the other room. I ended up washing the dishes and banged them around so I didn't have to hear her.

Also, I'm worried that I may have some PPD but I'm not sure how to tell it apart from my normal depression and anxiety issues. I got sad at the parent/ baby class I went to that LO wasn't the youngest anymore. He's 3 weeks old. It's not like he's going off to college.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I really want to get a new travel system for DS #2 but I already have a perfectly good one in great condition. Now I am trying to sell my old one so I can get a new one. I know I really don't need it but I am using pretty much everything else that I used with Blake and I just want one new thing :)
  • I can't wait for the girls to go down for a nap. Then I plan on eating a fudgesicle, maybe two, and enjoy not having to share. ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm really jealous that DH works part time. He gets anywhere from 24-32 hours a week, and gets to be home with R more then I do. I've been the full time worker in our home for the past year and a half, and I just would love to have him work full time so I could get a part time job and be home with R more.

Going along with this, it bugs when DH tells me I need to clean more. We have two boys ages 11 and 9 that are starting to clean more, do dishes, vaccum, etc. But DH still gets on my case about cleaning and that he does more. Um, duh you do more! You work part time, are home more, so since you make less and work less, that's your job. I would be doing the same thing if I worked less. But I don't. I do however come after working 8 hours a day, make dinner, straighten up the house, put laundry in if needed, take care of 4 kids because DH usually works nights, then go pick DH up when he's off since we have one car, and then stay up with him for a few hours when he gets home. Then I go to bed between the hours of 11:30pm-1:00am and wake up with R while DH sleeps. Hello dear, I do plenty around the house for this family thank you!

• I miss sex. And not because I'm pregnant we've luckily not had a problem there. It's because TJ has had the freaking cold sore from hell this last week. I don't get cold sores and to keep it that way he doesn't kiss me when he gets them. Sex w/o a little smoochy-smoochy is just weird to me. I have been praying to the cold sore gods that the goddamn thing goes away. Please.

TTC #1 Sept 2008
    M/C 9/21/09 | M/C 12/24/09 | BFP 1/23/10
    Madeline Rey DOB 9/30/10
    TTC # 2 Jan 2013
    BFP 3/12/13 | EDD 11/18/13
    It's a GIRL! Lydia Marie!
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My kid never had a pair of baby legs.  I know a lot of moms love them but 1- I think they look weird on boys and 2- why not just put pants on?  I guess I don't get them. 
    BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • imageMcJen715:
    I don't get cold sores and to keep it that way he doesn't kiss me when he gets them. Sex w/o a little smoochy-smoochy is just weird to me. I have been praying to the cold sore gods that the goddamn thing goes away. Please.

This. DH has the virus and we do not. So whenever it creeps up (daily lysine helps a ton) it really puts the damper on intimacy in many ways for up to 2 weeks...sucks! He's a fanatic about no-kissing/sharing during an outbreak on his lips which I respect, but...man, I hate that ex-girlfriend!

Ditto on the baby legs for boys too.

I don't have much...I am *pissed* that we have to host our other office's people for 3 months while they remodel - and now our floor is noisy and full. And Miss "I'm a VP-better-than-everyone" snagged the one nice windowed communal conference room for her office and left an actual office for everyone to use. Seriously?

• When a Bumpie asked for princess-themed drink names, I immediately thought of Crown Royal. Embarrassed

Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • I could care less about Chelsea Clinton's wedding.  Give me some real news, anchorpeople.

We're going camping this week and I'm taking along my makeup, hairdryer, and some cute clothes.  My SIL is snap-happy with the camera, I tend to be unphotogenic when NOT pregnant, and I would rather at least look decent in the 5000 camping photos I'm sure she'll post on Sunday night when we get back.

I just found out that another teacher at my school is pregnant (I'm not supposed to know; I overheard her talking on the phone loudly when she thought no one else was around), and even though she's only 7 weeks along, I still feel like my thunder has been stolen.  What is wrong with me?  She is my friend, and I do feel happy for her.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wish Em wouldn't comfort nurse so much because when she overeats she spits up and I can't help but think that I worked hard to make that milk which is now another mess to clean up.  We started trying to give her a pacifier but she's not sure about them.  It doesn't help that I can't stand to hear her cry when she gets really loud (I just want to comfort her) so I keep letting her comfort nurse because it keeps me from crying with her. 

I also wish I was recovering faster because it feels good to get out of the house.   The problem is that I end up overdoing it but don't always know it until the end of the day; then DH is upset/worried that I've hurt myself.

• Stella got her grove on Tue night, and DH and I didn't use protection.  I wasn't even thinking.  I am on some meds and now I am paranoid, so I haven't taken them.  I called my Dr. to see what I should do, but I can't believe I was so careless...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Somtimes my thoughts are all comsumed that DS will grow up and be a bad person, or a really bad teenager. Like the ones you hear no TV that beat people up or do bad things to other kids.

Part of the reason I don't think I want a second child is because I don't think I would deal well with 2 kids that flight all the time like my sister and I did.  I think I would do a lot of yelling and screaming.

I heard and judged my SIL who is due with her second today. She wants a home birth. She has told us that she does not clean her home when she is pregnant due to chemicles in cleaners. My MIL and other SIL went down to AZ in April and said the house was gross and a mess. They cleaned it for her but that was in April. It just seems like their home is not a clean place to have a home birth.

Oct 2011 3 1/2 years old.
    Robert Williams Birth date 5/16/2008
  • I have another: I bought a pair of maternity pants a few months ago at The Rack because they rarely ever have maternity stuff there.  I think maybe that jinxed me and now I want to take them back in hopes that I'll one day soon need them. 

BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • Our 4th Anniversary is next week and we have no plans. Last year, we got the horrible news that Lucy might have a genetic abnormality on our anni, so we basically just cried all day and we promised that this year we'd do something special.  Not so much.

I really like that Lucy is going through this stranger anxiety phase, because now she only wants DH or I.  I love seeing that she wants me and finds comfort in being with me.  I know I'll get tired of it eventually, but right now I'm enjoying that my baby loves and wants her mama so much.

I started taking Zoloft for my PPD.  I love that one of the side effects is a decreased appetite.  Mama has 8 more pounds to lose!

• imageWatchPot:
    My kid never had a pair of baby legs.  I know a lot of moms love them but 1- I think they look weird on boys and 2- why not just put pants on?  I guess I don't get them. 

I think they can look cute on boys, but they do seem like more of a girl accessory. 

For us baby legs have been a saving grace lately. DD HATES diaper changes and getting dressed after (trying to wrangle down a strong willed 21lb. toddler at 28 weeks pregnant to get pants on...sooo not worth it) - I've been dressing her in mostly dresses & skirts this summer, but if we're just hanging around home, she'll often wear a onesie and baby legs :) They're cute under her skirts too if I want a little more coverage on her legs and don't want to deal with tights.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • If anyone else on my girls weekend trip (with my MIL, SIL and MIL's sisters and daughters) drinks, I'm so drinking. But I am really worried that if I do get tipsy, I might tell my MIL what I was really thinking about her. :-)

McDonalds is including coupons for a free 12 oz smoothie or frappe and I ordered one and also a large ice water and got another free drink out of it. In my defense, I didn't think about it when I asked for the ice water, but I really want to order another one when I use my next free drink.

photo 2d6f681a-40e8-42e5-a771-5a26c7ad29fe_zpsdce5d654.jpg Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageAnnetteWalker:
    Somtimes my thoughts are all comsumed that DS will grow up and be a bad person, or a really bad teenager. Like the ones you hear no TV that beat people up or do bad things to other kids.
    I also worry about this. Not so much about being a bad person, but that she'll be a weirdo. I've said many, many times to my belly, "Please just be normal!" I especially worry about this when we're out and about and see weird kids.
    TTC #1 Sept 2008
    M/C 9/21/09 | M/C 12/24/09 | BFP 1/23/10
    Madeline Rey DOB 9/30/10
    TTC # 2 Jan 2013
    BFP 3/12/13 | EDD 11/18/13
    It's a GIRL! Lydia Marie!
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

I think the green doll in the upper left hand corner looks like it has no head and HUGE boobs. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• imagecinema_goddess:

I think the green doll in the upper left hand corner looks like it has no head and HUGE boobs. 

Nice. You know its a frog, right? Although, now all I see are (.)(.)ies.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • There's a house for sale in our neighborhood that DH and I want so badly!  It would fit what we want/need so well.  We just can't afford to buy a house, plus any "extra" funds are going to pay off fertility treatments, these days.

My confession is that I've actually cried about this... twice.  I keep looking up the listing, or looking when we walk past it, to see if it's still for sale. (Because I like to torture myself.)  And DH keeps hoping his lottery tickets will pay off!

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • imagepinktulips:
    imagecinema_goddess:

Nice. You know its a frog, right? Although, now all I see are (.)(.)ies.

Yup! But it takes me a minute to see the frog, like those illusion pictures where you can see either an old lady or a young lady.  I see either boobs or frog. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• imagecinema_goddess:

On another note, How are any of these things "Everyday baby essentials"???  Really Bump??

• image~Lynchie~:
    imagecinema_goddess:

On another note, How are any of these things "Everyday baby essentials"???  Really Bump??

So Holden doesn't have a silver plated football with his name engraved on it?

WHAT KIND OF MOTHER ARE YOU?!?!?!

Stick out tongueWink

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• imagellking_2984:

I'm really jealous that DH works part time. He gets anywhere from 24-32 hours a week, and gets to be home with R more then I do. I've been the full time worker in our home for the past year and a half, and I just would love to have him work full time so I could get a part time job and be home with R more.

Going along with this, it bugs when DH tells me I need to clean more. We have two boys ages 11 and 9 that are starting to clean more, do dishes, vaccum, etc. But DH still gets on my case about cleaning and that he does more. Um, duh you do more! You work part time, are home more, so since you make less and work less, that's your job. I would be doing the same thing if I worked less. But I don't. I do however come after working 8 hours a day, make dinner, straighten up the house, put laundry in if needed, take care of 4 kids because DH usually works nights, then go pick DH up when he's off since we have one car, and then stay up with him for a few hours when he gets home. Then I go to bed between the hours of 11:30pm-1:00am and wake up with R while DH sleeps. Hello dear, I do plenty around the house for this family thank you!

DH and cleaning is a sore spot with me too.  He is the stay at home parent and yet I do most of the house cleaning.  And the house is messier than it would be if he were working, because he and the kids are home all day making a mess!  Plus I could afford a maid service if he were working.  AAARRRRGGGHHH!

Jen - Mom to Jillian (10/2008) and Hayden (4/2010)

My Blog

• image~Lynchie~:
    imagecinema_goddess:

I don't know about you, but I totally feed my baby Hershey Kisses all the time.

Jen - Mom to Jillian (10/2008) and Hayden (4/2010)

My Blog

• I'm a really bad mommy today.. I've yelled at Ben more than I should, and I've had no energy to do anything fun.  I'm just thrilled they're both sleeping so they don't see me being a bad mommy right now.  

Another confession... I am going out with my mom friends tonight for dinner and I'm worrying about whether or not Cooper is going to be crying a lot for Steve - I know I should just let it go and let him deal with it.  But I feel guilty leaving when I know Cooper's got some crazy separation anxiety.

And a last one... I am so pissed that we have no good snacks here in the house.  I know I should be glad since I've lost 10 pounds and completely stalled out on it.  But man I really want a cookie.

• imageWatchPot:
    My kid never had a pair of baby legs.  I know a lot of moms love them but 1- I think they look weird on boys and 2- why not just put pants on?  I guess I don't get them. 

Same here!

I think they're cute on girls under skirts like tights that would be way easier to put on than tights.  But for boys, I don't get it.

• imagecinema_goddess:

haha. i have that frog. it was a shower gift.

• I ate a huge chocolate chip cookie as dessert after lunch - and it was totally worth the extra dimple it made in my ass...yum! I know, I'm not helping...

TheBump is so out of touch on their ads and giveaways - it's like the Land of Nod catalogs....I mean, how many things need to be monogrammed in your life anyway? They're in YOUR HOUSE - don't you know whose they are? Ooh, reminds me of THIS..haven't visited in a while....

• My parents are coming for a 2 week visit (not staying in my house!) and I need to get cleaning, but I?m tempted to do the surface cleaning and sweetly ask my mom to do the floors and some deeper stuff before N?s party.  It makes her feel useful, keeps her out of Nordstrom, and saves me time but I feel like a loser/bad wife/bad homeowner/etc if I don?t do it.  DH takes care of all the yard work so we?re 100% ok on the division of household labor, but I still feel like it?s all my responsibility.

I want to tell MIL not to buy N toys or clothes for his birthday but to contribute to his college account.  She buys huge toys and clothes that are NMS and always says she has the receipt if I need it, but I feel bad asking for it.

Conversely, I wish my parents would buy a toy or book or outfit and not just contribute to college.  N isn?t aware of it now, but soon he will be.  Thankfully, I have the kind of relationship with them where I can say something.

• I am peeved with my in laws. 6 weeks ago we did the 3.5 hr drive to visit them for the weekend. Since then we have not had a single phone call, not a hello how are you, nothing! My DH is stubborn & won't ring and I definitely won't either. I find them very strange that they won't bother to call to ask how their grandson is. My Mom calls every 2nd day & my Dad is always calling in when he is around our area (or not!).

IL's = weird :( 

collage Cooper Flynn is 3 years old and growing! May 10,2009 Miscarriage April 2008 Ectopic pregnancy August 2011
  • imagezazzu:

Also, I'm worried that I may have some PPD but I'm not sure how to tell it apart from my normal depression and anxiety issues. I got sad at the parent/ baby class I went to that LO wasn't the youngest anymore. He's 3 weeks old. It's not like he's going off to college.

I was worried about this too. I cried every day until about 2 weeks ago, had crazy thoughts, wasn't sure I was cut out to be a mommy, etc. Give it a few more weeks before you really seriously start to entertain the PPD thought, cause things start getting easier. I promise. And if they don't, well then you'll know for sure. Big hugs!

• Jill - Congrats on the 10 lb loss!  That's awesome and I'm jealous! :-)

imageStellaZ:
    .I mean, how many things need to be monogrammed in your life anyway? They're in YOUR HOUSE - don't you know whose they are? Ooh, reminds me of THIS..haven't visited in a while....

That is hilarious!  I've never seen that site. Thanks for the link!

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • You can subscribe to catalog living on FB
  • imageAlli923:

Our 4th Anniversary is next week and we have no plans. Last year, we got the horrible news that Lucy might have a genetic abnormality on our anni, so we basically just cried all day and we promised that this year we'd do something special.  Not so much.

I really like that Lucy is going through this stranger anxiety phase, because now she only wants DH or I.  I love seeing that she wants me and finds comfort in being with me.  I know I'll get tired of it eventually, but right now I'm enjoying that my baby loves and wants her mama so much.

I started taking Zoloft for my PPD.  I love that one of the side effects is a decreased appetite.  Mama has 8 more pounds to lose!

I could have written this! I feel the same way with Ryder's anxiety and with the Zoloft. I too had to start taking it and I love the appetite loss. I still have 20 pre baby lbs and 10 more after that to lose, but it feels great to lose it and not be as hungry!

• imageStellaZ:

TheBump is so out of touch on their ads and giveaways - it's like the Land of Nod catalogs....I mean, how many things need to be monogrammed in your life anyway? They're in YOUR HOUSE - don't you know whose they are? Ooh, reminds me of THIS..haven't visited in a while....

And this is EXACTLY why we're not telling people what we're thinking of naming the baby.  H's family is notorious for buying ugly embroidered crap that can't be returned.

Still, I really wish that when people asked, "Do you have a name picked out?" that H wouldn't say, "Yes, but we're not telling," because I feel like that sounds rude.  I've just been telling people that we're narrowing it down, but I want to see her face before I'm sure about her name.  

• I confess that I can not back in to a parking space. And Aldo that I don't understand why people feel the need to do that.
  • I realize I am extremely late to the game, but here goes.

DH has been on Daddy duty pretty much all day.  I had a doctors appointment, then had to run to Target,  and he watched her while I was gone.  When I got back I was having a red drink and forgot I leaned it against my pillow and it spilled all over me and the couch.  When I went upstairs to change I laid down and accidentally fell asleep.  When he woke me up to feed her I was all upset that he wouldn't let me have a nap and just give her a bottle (I have tons of pumped milk in the freezer and fridge).  So after I fed her he took her back and I haven't bothered to get her.  Maybe now he'll understand how exhausting it is to have a baby attached to your hip 24 hours a day.

I want my camera.  Bad.  And I might start taking small amounts of money out the bank account when I use my debit card so I can just save the little bit I still need to be able to afford it.  Sssshhhhh.  Don't tell DH. 

• I'm way late but have been waiting all week for this...My H and I enjoyed some sexxy time by the fire last weekend while camping in the woods. I was terrified we would be seen but it was pitch black dark, our site was seperate from others, and it was around midnight. It was awesome.

My pants I bought last month are already too big. I don't think I can go down a whole size yet, but I'm back to wearing a belt yet again and I'm very proud of myself.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"