Upstate NY Babies
Options

Maternity Clothes for 2nd pregnancy?

For those of you who have 2 (or will have 2 soon), did you bust out maternity clothes earlier the 2nd time? The reason I ask is that we're going on vacation in October, I'll be about 17/18 weeks. We're going to "Mickey's BBQ" and all agreed to dress up- bandannas/plaid shirts etc. I found a cute plaid maternity shirt online but I'm not sure if it's going to be necessary at 17 weeks. Any input?
imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Maternity Clothes for 2nd pregnancy?

• Options
    No personal experience, but i would think at 17/18 weeks even with a first pg it would be pushing it to wear a non-maternity shirt like that.. unless you have one that you have lots of room in..  Wasn't that right around the time you went to disney when you were pg with Justin? You definitely had a little bump then..
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options
    Yeah - you wouldn't be able to wear a button-up shirt with a bump. I'd do a maternity shirt and show off the bump...much cuter than a roomy  flannel.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The first preg, I hid it til 18 weeks at work, no prob.

The second time around there was no way!

• Options
    For me - I'd definitely get the maternity shirt!  I was in maternity clothes by 13 weeks with G.  Everyone kept asking if I was having twins.  I got big, FAST!  You're going to look great sporting that bump at Disney!
  • Options

Thats about where I am now and I'm totally popped out. It was the same way with Joseph too. I'd say go for it. 

PS I was in maternity jeans by 6-7 weeks so be prepared :) 

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I'd definitely get the maternity shirt.  At that point, I definitely think you will have enough of a belly where a maternity shirt wouldn't look silly and a regular one might be uncomfortable. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i wore maternity shirts earlier than last time b/c i wore maternity jeans earlier so  ineeded the longer shirt.  i can still get away with wearing regular clothes.  I wasn't able to with ethan. i'm just carrying her different.
  • Options

This is me at 12 weeks with #2... so I'd say no... LOL!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I started showing A LOT earlier the second time around!!!
    Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"