High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

GD ladies, a former Sugar Mama here!

This board was so great for me when I had GD and bedrest restrictions, so I wanted to post a few things I've learned.

You WILL eat eggs again lol...it took me about 6 weeks to even want to look at an egg I was so sick of them and even now it's not often I'll eat them.

Raw almonds and string cheese were my saving snacks....I ate them all day and it really helped me feel full.

When I couldn't stand to see another egg, I had toast w/ pb, toast w/ cream cheese, or oatmeal w/ almonds. Greek yogurt sweetened w/ a little Splenda and topped w/ fruit/berries is also a yummy snack or breakfast, and it breaks up the egg monotony.

Experiment...I found I could eat lots of pizza but pasta was not good. I could have a small amount of dessert or ice cream but cereal was not good. So play around and see what you can tolerate.

Falling off the wagon is normal, and maybe even necessary.

The coolest thing is that now, I don't even crave stuff I did before. Like I couldn't wait to eat a bag of chips, or cheesecake, and now I don't want them really. So it does really help change your eating habits in the long run, and teaches you to eat healthier. I know it sucks now, but hang in there fellow Sugar Mamas.

Oh Boy! On our way to 3! Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: GD ladies, a former Sugar Mama here!

• Options

Hi

** YES!! Cream cheese on toast is awesome and I top it with a huge roasted red pepper as my go-to breakfast right now. YUMMMM!!!** 

Thank you for the encouragement. I'm glad to read positive messages.

I just started today. I'm trying not to think about how long this diet will go but, just take it day by day. I'm a teacher so, when school starts... it will be a whole other challenge. It's easy to put myself first during the summer but, once school starts... I easily slip into bad habits (not bringing my lunch and relying on cafeteria food, losing track of time, eating the snacks at the faculty meetings, etc.)

I'm definitely going to be posting some things that I find are helpful... once I figure them out.

• Options

Good advice! I'm in my second pregnancy with GD - and there are differences this time in what spikes my sugar. With my first, I could eat pizza (carefully) and this time I can't touch it at all. But, I can eat potatoes this time (couldn't the first time) and I can eat pasta easily too.

Breakfast has been the most challenging b/c of the eggs - I can't do fruit in the morning, so it's pretty much been toast, eggs, turkey bacon, and sausage. I also like the cream cheese on toast.

I find that the more protein I get the easier it is to balance my carbs. And the one "advantage" (if there is one) to having GD is that my weight gain for both of my pregnancies has been very minor - 13 lbs. with my first and just 9 so far with this pregnancy. My OBs are very happy and DD #2 is measuring right on target. I'm looking forward to slipping back into pre-pg clothes soon after delivery, just like with DD #1!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"