Upstate NY Babies

Cake question and confession

Has anyone ever made a giant cupcake cake?

My niece is coming for her 6th bday and I wanted to try my hand at this type of a cake with jumbo cupcakes for everyone else. 

I did a trial run and frosting it just doesn't look right. If you have experience with this or any cake frosting tips please let me know. 

My confession... after leveling off the two pieces I had about a piece of cake left over... I just enjoyed that with some extra frosting. It is close to noon right? No matter how a cake looks it usually tastes really good. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Cake question and confession

• I would google "giant cupcake" and then click "images". There are millions of examples. I would frost the bottom with a spatula but use a piping bag for the top to make a swirl and then maybe add some sprinkles.

I say cake makes a good lunch btw :)

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Did you buy giant cupcake mold at Rite Aid?  They have I think a $3off video value.  I watched the video the other day
  • Loading the player...
  • I have one of those pans (I got it on sale super cheap at Target) Both times I've tried to bake a cake in it, the outside burns, and the middle is still under cooked. I've tried lowering the oven temp, but it still didn't work out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"