Pre-School and Daycare

FFFC?

Annnnnnnd go!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: FFFC?

• I can't spell. Posting on my doesn't help, either. I'm glad this board does not freak out when someone posts with spelling/grammar errors. (and please forgive me for adding an E to playmobil yesterday. My phone really disagrees with the spelling of this particular brand.)
  • My friend feeds her baby junk and it's all I can do to hold my tongue.

And my neighbor is outside using a little blower thingie to clean all the his rocks. I had no idea such a thing existed, but now I'm feeling like a slob because the leaves/flowers from our plants just accumulate.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think I've been out of my pjs bfore noon a single day this week.
  • imagebrightning:

My friend feeds her baby junk and it's all I can do to hold my tongue.

And my neighbor is outside using a little blower thingie to clean all the his rocks. I had no idea such a thing existed, but now I'm feeling like a slob because the leaves/flowers from our plants just accumulate.

The dude cleans his ROCKS? Outside? You need to get a picture of this please. 

• I *might* have used a piece of chocolate to get DS to take his medicine today.

He's had croup this week.  The steroid he's on must taste nasty.  He's never had a problem taking meds at ALL.  With this stuff, he's been putting up a fight.  Crying, running, asking to go to timeout instead (which is strange b/c we don't even use timeout very much).  It ended in a wrestling match a time or two, and he's spit the stuff back out at us.  Angry  Grrrr.  I really lost my cool with that one!  I ended up getting angry, and I felt guilty the rest of the night.  Neither water nor milk helped it go down.  When he'd finally get some down, he'd have the heebie-jeebies for a while, and would even gag.

Sooooo....I took a different approach this morning.  I gave him a square of chocolate.  I told him to take a little bite first, then we'd take a little medicine.  Then take another chocolate nibble, and more meds.  This actually worked.

So, DS took all of the medicine.  There were no tears, no yelling (from either of us), and all was good.  I'd say a little piece of chocolate at 7:30am was worth it!!!!

• I tear up when I hear Susan Boyle sing.  I think she has the most amazing voice ever.
  • I am REALLY trying to lose some weight...I'm still carrying 50 extra lbs from DS (yes he is 3.5 years).  I have been walking a mile every morning and doing good eating well during the day.  But after the kids go to bed I have been binging on junk food and I can't stop!!  I tried to get it out of the house but DH keeps coming home with ice cream and stuff he wants, and I eat it :(
  • I've accomplished almost nothing today. I woke up and thought it was Saturday. I went downstairs had a cup of coffee, sat on the couch reading for awhile... until I realized it was actually Friday. This kind of set the tone for the day and I just have no motivation to work. I made payroll and so far that's it.
  • Sometimes I need to leave the house extra early in the morning and I tell DH this ahead of time - on those days, I take only 15 min to get ready - but he still insists on shaving, taking a 10 min shower, checking his email, etc before taking over DD's care before the nanny comes AND HE WORKS FROM HOME ON FRI!!! He claims he wants to be showered and present himself decently when the nanny arrives. I say, throw on sweats, hand over DD and shower at that time. Grrr. This particular thing irritates me so much - more so now because I am walking around w/ 2 day old hair that I elected not to wash/blow dry today.

• I posted a couple of months ago that I had taken my wedding ring off when I was pregnant and too swollen to wear it anymore, and realized that I forgot where I put it.  Well....now that DS is here and have lost the pregnancy weight, I would love to put my ring back on, but it is still lost!  And, I still haven't told DH that I lost it.

I have been trying soooo hard to bite my tongue with my BSC SIL.  Her youngest child is 3 months old, and she started feeding him solids at 2 months old.  She seriously does not care that he is way too young for solids, and doesn't realize that his digestive system is not mature enough to handle solids.

• We have our AC off and the windows open at my house today because the temperature is so nice.  I'm a fresh air freak, so today has been heaven, EXCEPT THAT...

...unfortunately, the breeze keeps wafting the odor of my garbage cans in through the windows.  The cans have been sitting in the stifling heat since Monday.  I threw out a chicken carcass earlier this week, too... Gag!

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • imageMamaNikki:

I *might* have used a piece of chocolate to get DS to take his medicine today.

He's had croup this week.  The steroid he's on must taste nasty.  He's never had a problem taking meds at ALL.  With this stuff, he's been putting up a fight.  Crying, running, asking to go to timeout instead (which is strange b/c we don't even use timeout very much).  It ended in a wrestling match a time or two, and he's spit the stuff back out at us.  Angry  Grrrr.  I really lost my cool with that one!  I ended up getting angry, and I felt guilty the rest of the night.  Neither water nor milk helped it go down.  When he'd finally get some down, he'd have the heebie-jeebies for a while, and would even gag.

Sooooo....I took a different approach this morning.  I gave him a square of chocolate.  I told him to take a little bite first, then we'd take a little medicine.  Then take another chocolate nibble, and more meds.  This actually worked.

So, DS took all of the medicine.  There were no tears, no yelling (from either of us), and all was good.  I'd say a little piece of chocolate at 7:30am was worth it!!!!

Its okay, I've done the same thing!!  Bella wouldn't take her antibiotics for her sinus infection and acted the same way Cole was acting.  It was TERRIBLE! 

Try this, we gave Bella the syringe and she gave herself the medicine.  It gave her control and it made her feel like a big girl.

• I asked my MIL to take my dd this weekend so I can just relax before I have to start a new college semester next week. My DD has been so cranky and whiney lately and I need a break. I feel guilty though. I feel like I am pawning my child off on somebody else.

Also, I am 11 days late for my AF and I am going to POAS today and I am nervous to get the results.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • imagenaysmom:

Also, I am 11 days late for my AF and I am going to POAS today and I am nervous to get the results.

Wow! Exciting!  Can't wait to hear the results!

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • I love my new breasts and can't stop looking at them.

I have a children's pool party on Sunday that I'm dreading. The kid's mom is the only one who knows I had them done (we share a sitter). I don't know how to disguise them in a bathing suit yet. They are still swollen. On the other hand I'm dying to show them off yet I won't.

For the above poster who gave their child chocolate to take his medicine, I say if a spoonful of sugar worked for Mary Poppins a little chocolate is perfectly acceptable. Poor kiddo. My son has had croup twice. I hope he feels better soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"