North Carolina Babies

DH is having a guys night

And I don't know how I feel about it. I want him to go out and have fun and hang out with his friend but he is going to an MMA fight in Jacksonville which is a 3 hr round trip from here.

Not to mention I have seen him for maybe 3-4 hrs this week total because he has been working late. I just miss him I guess and want to spend some time with him.

The guy he is going with, he works with too, so he has been with him all week at work for 10+ hrs daily.

And then I found out this dude's ex gf might go because she don't trust him (she broke up with him last weekend) WTF how come she gets to go and spend time with a boy that she broke up with and I'm stuck at home by myself for who knows how long because DH will probably crash at my parents beach house which is about 30 mins away from this place.

I don't want to be one of those wives that make her husband take her every where he goes. he deserves to spend time with his friends and I'm glad he has friends to do that with, but the possible chance that she is going is irking me to no end.

What would you do?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DH is having a guys night

• I would make myself a nice dinner, read my book in the tub and then maybe paint my toenails while watching a chick flick. Or call up one of my friends to see if they wanted meet up...or go shopping...but I'd definitely let him go off with his friends. Maybe you guys can plan a date night for sometime soon so you can have some time together?

• If the other girl goes you should totally tag along, since it won't be a guys night anymore!

I don't mind when DH goes out alone with friends, it doesn't happen very often so I know he really enjoys it. He lets me go out a lot too. There are times when we both say NO to going out because we need time with each other

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Loading the player...
  • Eh, I'd let it go. Sounds like that other girl is a whack job if she feels like she has any right to go, considering she's broken up with the guy. I wouldn't factor her into the decision making.

DH is gonig to the beach to a fraternity reunion this weekend. My parents are coming to spend some time with us, but honestly, I'm looking forward to some alone (and Mommy & Holly time). I went away a month ago for the weekend, so I really think it's important for both of us to do that every now and then.

Take it, and make the best of it!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• I don't mind him going out. I don't want anyone to get that impression. It's just this girl. I mean she broke up with this guy last weekend. They still live together, they work together, they spend every moment together pretty much and she doesn't trust him which is her problem. But why does she has to go with him on Guy's night with DH.

I would never ask DH if I could go because I know he needs his time alone too even though I miss his terribly because like I said I haven't seen him much lately because he has been working non-stop.

And he works with this Guy and this girl so he sees them all day long. Why does she think her time is more important with a dude that she can't even decide if she wants to be with him, then my time with my husband. I am giving up time with him so he go out and have fun, but she is going to be there hindering all fun so he should just stay home or let me go since it's not a guy's night anymore if she goes.. does that make sense?

Edit:

I had to beg him to go because I feel he needs the time out. He works way too hard and he doesn't want to leave me alone for the night. But I told him he needed to spend some time with his friend outside of work. And now that this chick might be going he says it's going to suck. I'm just ill she is ruining his good time with his buddy, especially since he already feels bad about leaving me when we haven't seen much of each other lately.

• I guess at this point I get what you're saying, but I suppose there's nothing you can do about it.  You can't tell the other girl she can't go.  What does your DH say?  Maybe he should tell his friend that if she goes, he's not going.  I guess I'm just not really seeing how this affects you.  To me it seems like something your DH needs to figure out, you're not going regardless.  And by that I mean if she were going I wouldn't want to go either if she's that much of a whack job.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • truthfully I don't know where I was going with all this. Guess I just needed to vent. It's been a rough couple of weeks and I was kinda hoping DH would want to stay home and spend some time with me and it's just got me kinda of bummed.

I do want him to go and have fun and I hope he does. I just wish I had someone to spend that time with as well. All my friends are at different stages in their lives then me right now so we don't really talk that much anymore..

• You're allowed to vent.. 
    Sorry you're feeling down.. Sad

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"